Priceline Hotel: Bahama's Vacation

akimbe
By akimbe,
in

Hello,

I am thinking about Summer vacation planned for 6/26/04-7/3/04 we are traveling with another couple and will have a total of 8 persons(4 adults,4 children). We have looked into traveling from home(we live in Bloomington,IN) to Ft. Lauderdale and then taking a ferry to Freeport. We were quoted $400.00 per person...this includes,ferry,ground tranfer and 6 nights at Island Seas Resort where we would have 2-2bedroom condos. I am thinking that if I secured a hotel though Priceline(would love either the Sheraton or Westin at Our Lucaya) that would could almost fly for the same cost. Flight rates look high now...best I could find was $370.oo ...but, I expect we might catch a deal later on. Is it too soon to bid for Our Lucaya? Where would you start your bid?

Thanks,

Kim

Update...

I tried Priceline last night at $50 resort,Grand Bahamas, x2rooms for 6 nights(Jun.27-July3) and was rejected :) . My friend also tried at $60 and was rejected. Thereyouare, I am still interested in your thoughts.... I can get a AAA rate of $99.

kim

I'm sorry, i thought i replied to this thread and just stared at it for 30 seconds wondering where my post went... then i remembered something came up as i was researching this and i didn't get a chance to reply. Guess that's what the turmoil of traveling will do to you! <sorry>

I found rates at the Sheraton for your dates for $126/nite and at the Westin for $165/nite. $50 was on the low end of the beginning range i was going to recommend given that you had time for re-bids. Since that was already rejected, my guess is that it's going to take about $75.

Based upon your already rejected bids, i would wait the 72 hours and bid $70, if that's rejected have your friend try $75 (i'm assuming that's how you were doing it so you could actually get 2 tries at this each time)

I wouldn't bid more than $75 at this time and if that amount is rejected i would wait a few weeks and repeat the process (starting back at $50/$60 and then $70/$75).

All of the above of course assumes that you're comfortable with the occupancy rules/situation.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the above and please ask your friend to also try their bids thru SavingsBarn.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help! I will continue to use savingsbarn and have my friend do the same. I saw on another bidding site that someone bid $80 and was successful, this was her first bid. I was thinking maybe 70 or 75 would be accepted. You five or ten bucks adds up for 6 nights esp. with all that hotel tax and service charge they stick you with!!!

My concern now is what we might have to pay for a flight. Do you have any idea what a good price is on air from say, IND, CVG or Louisville might be? I say a deal on US Airways but you have to travel my May 23. It seems that know is the time for airlines to advertise deals. Do you have any scoop on that?

Thanks !

kim

I don't know that route at all (most of my travel is to/from NYC) and airlines are a tough game to play. I usually just try to find out the low end of the range and continue to search until i get close to that price, adjusting accordingly for known demand issues (such as traveling over the Xmas holiday).

I like to use Orbitz to search and will also see if i can do better using Expedia or beat the lowest posted fare at the airline's own website. Even if my dates aren't flexible, i use Orbitz Flex Dates option to at least get an idea of the low end of the range (and sometimes i find that with a much cheaper fare offered, my inflexible dates suddenly become a bit more flexible :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]