Priceline Hotel: New York In March on a Weekend

nav
By nav,
in

Im travelling to the states in March 2007 for a 3 week tour taking in New York, Miami, Las Vegas and San francisco.

I am due to arrive in New York for a 3 night stay On Friday 23rd March.

I would like to stay in a four star hotel near Times Square as i want to see the heartbeat of New York, do you have any suggestions on how i should bid on priceline.

I am totally new to this and a guide to bidding would be well appreciated.

Also when do you think I should start bidding seeing a stravel is in March?

Thanks

As far as "when to bid", see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

As well, we have just created this thread, Times Square Hotel which we recommend you read in order to gain some perspective. Please read the suggested links and then let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid as well as your maximum bid... we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Cheers for the reply,

Im definetely got my dates sorted and its the last weekend in march. Also as flights are booked i think it makes sense to try staright away.

I suppose any midtown location will do as im a tourist and just wish to be in the heart of New York.

What i want is a 4 star hotel, Something like Grand Hyatt, Westin, Sheraton etc

I was a bit keen to try out priceline and see what it is about and i did make a few bids for my dates. I made 2 and they were both rejected. My bids were:

I bid $110 bucks for a 4* Deluxe hotel in Midtown West

My second bid was fora 3 star upscale or 4 * deluxe in midtown west for $100

These were both rejected. Anyway i will not bid again until i receive advice and get a strategy.

My dates are 23rd March till 26th March.

Can you please advise.

Thanks

My maimum for a 4 star in mid town west or east is around $185 per night,

Have already had $130 turned down.

Is it too soon, should i wait or try a 3 star upscale.

I would like to stay at either Sheraton Towers, Hilton Tomes sq, Grand Hyatt or Westin.

I nearly paid for the Westin upforn and it was going to cost me

I would like to stay at either Sheraton Towers, Hilton Tomes sq, Grand Hyatt or Westin.

You can't bid on a specific hotel, and there are more 4* hotesl in these two areas than just these above. Could you accept a different 4* hotel in the MTE or MTW zone than those you've listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unless you're in a major hurry to get this done, i wouldn't bid as high are your limit at this time (but i'd also inlcude the UM/CPS zone, but won't in the following, since you didn't say that area was acceptable).

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

If you get a counter-offer along the way stop and post back with the information given.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]