Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis (SouthWest) Sofitel

pomcoach
By pomcoach,
in

$50 was my first bid for this 4* in the S.W. Zone of Minneapolis on Priceline, and it was accepted! I'm really happy, because this a beautiful hotel. I won a bid for this hotel before, for $60 last October 2003, so I was very happy to get it for $10 less this time. I should have started a little lower than $50. There are about 10 free rebids for this area, but I never dreamed my $50 would be accepted. Next time I'll start bidding lower than $50.

I checked the rates on the Sofitel's website before bidding. They were:

Regular rate=$169

Internet rate=$135

Last minute Internet rate where your credit card is immediately charged=$104

So looks like $50 is a great bargain! All the rooms have nice Terry Bathrobes, double sinks in the bathroom, fresh flowers in the bathroom. It is very nice, and we love staying here for this great price! It is about 10 min. to Mall of America from the hotel.

Pomcoach :)

thereuare,

Thank you for the welcome! I just found this board a few days ago. I have been bidding Priceline for about 2 yrs., but know nothing about Hotwire. So I'm anxious to learn how to use that. This board looks like a good place to learn. I'm especially curious how to use Hotwire to get hotels in Orlando, such as possibly the Hard Rock or other Universal hotels. So I will be lurking around those pages, hoping to soak up some knowledge.

Thank you for the work you do here!

Well we're glad you're here! :)

If it's not obvious, this is probably the best place for you to start for the Hotwire info your seeking: HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST FLORIDA. Be sure to scroll the entire thread (not just the first post) as there is often good information and more hotels below the first post in the thread.

For more general Hotwire info, this is a good read in your spare time: HOTWIRE TIPS AND TRICKS.

Let us know if/how we can be of more help.

Also, feel free to add any prior Priceline wins you have from the last 2 years, especially if you have won hotels that don't yet appear on our lists (BetterBidding is less than one year old, so we're still continuing to grow and add hotels to our 'Master Lists' all the time)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and new son-in-law decided to go Minneapolis also, so I needed to try for a 2nd room for the same date, Jan 10th, 2004, Sat. night. I started bidding at $45 and worked my way up to $50, which was accepted. Before bidding, I checked the regular rates again on Sofitel's website, which were pretty much the same as before. That lowest rate was a special Internet Promotion rate where they would instantly charge your credit card for $104. Hey, if I'm going to be instantly charged, let it be a lower rate from Priceline!!

Offer Bid accepted: $50.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $12.58

Total Charges: $62.58

I called the hotel to confirm my 2 reservations. She said they both were for a King Non-Smoking, just like the desk person said last time we were here, several months ago.

Pomcoach

• 2 weeks later...

To my surprise, when we got home, my credit card had been double charged. We got 2 rooms, so Priceline had charged me for those 2 rooms, rightfully so. But then Sofitel had also charged me for 2 rooms, on the Credit card that I gave them for incidentals!! I called Sofitel and talked to billing. She said, "No problem, and she would refund the $113.50, but 9 days has gone by, and still Sofitel has not refunded the money.

My husband got tired of it and put a dispute on our credit card. Sofitel is a really nice hotel, but a lot of trouble this time, what with the terrible noise because of construction, having to move rooms, and now this double charge. Geez!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]