Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Omni

madisonb
By madisonb,
in

hi, i will be traveling to LA for 10/20-10/22, i'm trying to book a 4-star hotel, locations are preferably around beverly hills, century city, westwood, or hollywood. i would like to stay at either the hyatt regency century plaza, or hyatt west hollywood since they seem to offer hi-speed internet (i need to have this option). are there any recommendations on bidding for these places? or any other hotels you think would be better instead? should i bid for this area using the 4 star rating and max price of $120? thanks in advance

You can not bid on a specific hotel... are you comfortable receiving any 4* hotel in the zones you've listed above, or does that change the zone(s) which are acceptable to you?

While i would think that most 4* hotels would offer hi-speed internet, that is not a requirement for a property to be rated 4*. If you absoluately can't accept a hotel that doesn't offer hi-speed interent, HOTWIRE may be a better option as there you have the ability to choose a hotel that shows the hi-speed internet icon.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i do need to have hi-speed internet. i had previously looked on hotwire but i didn't see any 4* hotels in the area for less than $196 per night. do you think i can bid on priceline for the "Beverly Hills - West Hollywood /Brentwood - Westwood/ Hollywood" areas with a minimum of bid of $90?

i'm fairly flexible about the hotels i can stay at, the only ones i really really dont' want to stay at are: biltmore, wilshire grand, miyako, and any radisson.

All the hotels you've mentioned above have been reported in the Downtown zone which it doesn't appear that you'd be including in your bidding, correct?

There is also a chance that you will be the first to report a new 4* hotel in one of the areas you bid (which will hopefully have hi-speed internet, but as it's not a requirement of a 4* hotel there is it chance it may not)... is this a risk you're willing to accept?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes i can take the risk of having no hi-speed internet....so i bid via link on priceline:

selected Beverly Hills - West Hollywood & Hollywood, 4*, entered bid $90. rejected, rebid at $95 and checked Brentwood - Westwood. rejected. did not rebid due to no other area that i could select and i do not want to take the chance with a 3* hotel. site would not allow me to rebid without changing one of the stars or area criteria. i guess theres no deals on 4* hotels in that area :)

• 2 months later...

oops..forgot to follow up...

ended up bidding $65 for downtown los angeles, 4 star hotel and got the omni. they do have free high speed wireless internet but did not list it in their amenities.

total cost of stay was $156.95 for 2 nights, but had to pay about $50 for 2 nights parking since they only have valet.

thanks for the help!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]