Priceline Hotel: 5* Vegas (Strip) Veneitan

blindman
By blindman,
in

OK, it's not desparate but I could do with some input here just to get things straight.

Venetian web site has 25th October now at $169 with an upgrade to a tower suite + other 'discounts'

Hotwire has the 5* Customer favourite that would seem to be the Venetian at $194 :o

Over the last few days I have been bidding on PL for a 5* in the Strip vicinity.

Starting at $100 - I get a counter offer of $159.

Historically (last 12 months now) the minimum break point for PL bids is $120 and usually you can half the difference between the counter offer and get a win, so $130 would seem to be the maximum bid needed.

Recent bids for when the Venetian rate is $189 (in December) or when it has been $149 have been won with $120 on PL.

So you'd think this would be a done deal :)

I've not been getting a bite at all despite bidding at varying amounts from $100 upwards to $140.

I have a cancellable back up at the Luxor for $70 that includes a $30 dining coupon so I'm loathe to pay double for a better room and location.

Mind you it will keep the wife sweet......... :)

I have seen whilst researching that maybe the break point is $143, but I can't figure why the low of $120 is 'not in the system' as the web-site seems to be suggesting they're giving away the room (I wish!)

Howires rate is a tad confusing too :) If I go for this and get the double the difference it'll only bring the price down to $164 which is more than PL wants for the counter offer.

It's not fair :D I want the $99 rate- but will settle for the $120 one)

So, I'm bidding every 24 hrs in the hope that the $120 PL rate gets loaded.

Any thoughts as to why the PL is so 'high' and what's with Hotwire?

I suspect that in the next week or so you may either see lower opaque rates loaded or the hotel-direct rate increase.

Book the refudnable rate directly thru the Venetian so that you're "locked-in" in case of any price increases (which may be coming soon if opaque rates haven't been lowered as they have for hotel-direct bookings) and still enables you to try for a deal thru the opaque providers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Finally!

Won the Venetian for 25th October for $119

Hotwire had the 5* Customer favourite at $161

PL TA had the Ventian at $169

Venetian still had the Suites promotion at $169- I booked it yesterday :) Just sent the cancellation email :)

I bid $100 initially (optomistic :D ) and was countered with $133

Slowly went to $117 with rejections, then bid $119 and won- damn, I may have overbid by $1.00 :)

Check-In Date: Wed, Oct 25, 2006

Check-Out Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2006

Your Offer Price: $119.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $119.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$20.35

Total Charges*: $139.35

I may try to Add a night for the Tuesday 24th -the rate at Venetian is $259 Hotwire has it at $249, so I'll monitor to see if they fall and try my luck.

Have a back up at the Luxor with $70 and a $30 dining credit so may stay put.

Already have the Venetian at a promo rate of $149 for the 26th, may try to better it with PL, but as their rate is $299 (been Yo- Yoing for a while) and given past history it may not be worth the $30 saving.- Did I just say that :o

And I even remembered to go through Savings Barn!

Congratulations on your success... i'm glad to see lower opaque rates prevailed rather than hotel-direct prices increasing! I'm sure your wife is glad too :)

Thanks for starting your bids with the priceline hotel links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay and good luck in Vegas (as well as in the Marathon before this stay).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]