Priceline Hotel: 4*, 3* & Boutique rejected at $200 HELP

upduvalls
By upduvalls,
in

I am starting to freak out a little. I'm trying to meet a highschool friend in Chicago for 3 nights (Oct 26th - 29th). I have bid up to $200 on Priceline and got rejected for a 4* and Boutique. I was turned down for a 3* at $190. The last time I stayed in Chicago at the Hyatt Regency about 2 months before I found out I had cancer. After going thru hell... I'm trying to celebrate with a friend. I've been on every website out there and need advice. Thanks so much!!!

I bid on The Loop, & Downtown. Yes, I've checked Hotwire numerous times. They are offering a 4* at $235. I've seen so many people get such great deals...and I was hoping to get something for a Max. of $200 including the tax but it's looking a little desperate. I don't want to be further out because we want to walk most places.....or cab it short distances.

Ok. That makes more sense.

Rates are high for your dates. Rates are much lower by O'Hare. Have you considered staying out there? Chances are you get a hotel with an airport shuttle. You could take the L from the airport to downtown. It's a 45 minute trip.

Another option is splitting your bid. Rates for Saturday are high downtown. You could try the first two nights downtown and the last night at the airport.

What do you think of those ideas?

I don't really want to stay by the airport because my flight doesn't even leave til 6:30 pm. I live in the boonies. One flight to Chicago - one flight back. (The nearest Old Navy or Home Depot is about 300 miles away). Anyhoo.... EasyClickTravel Deals are the Affinia $185, Hotel 71 $224. HOTWIRE 4* is $235 (Hyatt??) or I can get The Holiday Inn City Center for $212 a night.

Any recommendations......???????????????? Any opinions on these hotels??

EasyClickTravel properties are fully refundable up until 72 hours before check-in date (unless it states otherwise at the bottom of the description page)

However, i believe the properties you've listed above are 'on request' so they may not actually even be available for your dates.... see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discussion of EasyClickTravel's "on request" status.

Is the Holiday Inn rate refundable? (if you do book this please be sure to use our Holiday Inn link or any of the others found in our support page

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]