Priceline Hotel: New Orleans Downtown or French Quarter

travelbee
By travelbee,
in

I am planning a trip for our wedding anniversary. Started bidding at $80 for a 4* in downton or French Quarter with no luck. Bid at $5 increment (adding other zones but kept it at 4*) to $105 with no luck. It is during the Jazz Festival and it is 7 months out, so perhaps I am bidding too early. Anyway, I will probably try again in a few days and is willing to go up to $120. I will post again if I get a winning bid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have patience. I've booked for JF via priceline every year for the past 4 (or is it 5 now?) years - including last year. One time I had to wait until March before the prices came down but I have always paid sub $100 for rooms 3* or better. In the meantime (just to be safe), you may want to consider booking the Renaissance Pere Marquette (CBD) or Renaissance Arts (DT-CC), which are currently listed "off the record" for $186 per night on easyclicktravel.com for your dates.

Also, I've stayed at the Wyndham Whitney (it's an old bank with nice bathrooms), which is nice and in the CDB just before the Hyatt (under construction) on Canal. It's showing for $179 for your dates - not sure if you can cancel at this price this though . . .

Also, it looks like you can get either the Inter-Continental or the Sheraton on HOTWIRE for your dates for $149 a night. I really think the rates will come down on PL though.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]