AZ Phoenix Homewood Suites MetroCenter

mikeemouse
By mikeemouse,
in

Just got back from trip. This is an excellent hotel !!!

Perhaps the best stay I've ever had at any property. If you get this hotel, you have SCORED!!!

Free Breakfast Buffet consisting of egg omelette thingies, sausage, cereal, milk, juice, toast, donuts, fruit, yogurt, muffins, and more. Really good selection, best price ever. Did I mention it was free!

Managers reception in the evening. One day it was salisbury steak, the other it was fried fish. Minimal salad bar both nights. Um, FREE BEER on tap.....FREE WINE!!!

I didn't have spend a dime on food for the entire trip!!! Now a disclaimer with this: I'm not a food snob by any means and the spreads were similiar to a hospital cafeteria, but what can one expect for a hotel spread.

Rooms were beautiful, a one bedroom suite with a king bed, with a queen pullout in the other room.

Full Fridge, Stovetop, Coffee Maker, two huge cable televisions, two phone lines, free local calls, free 1800 calls, alarm clock with ipod and mp3 plug ins, free internet in the business center.

Excellent, friendly staff. Very kind, professional.

All in all, a really, really GREAT deal, at a hotel that would be a good deal at regular rate.

And the concert was GREAT too.

• 1 year later...

Here it is a year later and I'm only the second person to review this property? It's hard to believe because I am happy to report the facilities and service remain excellent as reported above by Mikeemouse. Thanks, Mike!

True, the complimentary breakfast and Manager's Reception might be cafeteria grade but the price IS right. More importantly, the staff were actively replenishing the serving dishes and were attentive to requests. "More english muffins, please." My evenings were booked with pre-wedding activities so I did not get a chance to sample the complimentary beer and wine offered at the Manger's Reception (I think the meal was Sweedish Meatballs). However, as I walked by I noticed all the same guests from breakfast and it seemed to be orchestrated just as well as the morning offereings.

The public spaces and exterior were always neat and well kept. (I stayed for five days and watched carefully.) The main 2-story "Great Room" is the center of activity. All the other public spaces pinwheel off of this hub--the lobby/front desk, the buffet, the exercise room, the business center, and access to the pool and patio. The front canopy facade gives the building a nice presence. Definitely a step up from some of the other older hotels I saw around the MetroCenter. It IS close to the freeway (aren't they all?) but I asked upon check-in for a room facing the courtyard and the clerk informed that, indeed, they had already booked me for such a room. And, indeed, it was quiet.

While sitting in the lobby I overheard another Priceline customer question the desk clerk about check-out time and whether she needed to do anything because she paid through Priceline. The clerk was polite and discreet and re-assured the guest that all was taken care of. I was about to ask the same question (being a Priceline newbie) so was glad to have been privy to the conversation.

Another guest asked for directions to local stores and, again, the clerk was well infomed about local shopping and driving directions.

Guests were friendly and there was plenty of polite small talk while guests waited for their turn at the toaster or for their Belgium Waffle to finish baking. I thought that was a good sign. Minimum griping and more mingling. The worst grumbling I heard --and it was minimal--was one early morning when a few east coast early risers (myself among them) were hoping for a 6:00 am breakfast rather than the advertised 6:30 start time. So we really couldn't grumble, could we?

So, to sum up, I very pleased to anounce that my first Priceline hotel experience was a good one! --a2jay

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]