Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Downtown) Doubletree Lloyd Center

roaming_jane
By roaming_jane,
in

I got the Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center Portland - Lloyd Center for $48 on the first try. In retrospect, I should have started lower and built to that since there were at least 3 other zones with no 3*'s that I could have used. I was surprised to have that take on the first try especially on a Saturday night. I would suggest to anyone else that they start lower.

The hotel looks awesome though. The only bummer is that the parking is $18.00 per day.

Loving the deals through this board! Savingsbarn.com 4EVR!

p.s. After I got it, I checked the Doubletree website. If the Doubletree site was showing rooms from $80 per night, what would have been a better starting bid point than $48? Of course, I didn't know I was going to get the Doubletree when I was bidding, but you know what I mean. Thank you.

Thanks for the post and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Historically we've seen this hotel accept rates as low as the high-$30's, so would have started someplace just below that and worked your way up.

Always feel free to ask for help with bid amounts and/or a bidding strategy when bidding a new area.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

$18/nite parking?? ain't such a good deal anymore, is it???

i got a PL bid once @ doubletree lloyd & they try to 'rape' me for $15/nite. just park on the street adjacent to the hotel as it's free from 6pm-8am.

they tried being nice by comping me 1 out of 4 nites for parking. i refused it. their parking charge is a total scam & cash grab. not to mention the crap rooms they keep aside for the PL travellers. but if you must stay d/t just make sure you're travelling alone b/c there's not enough room for 2 people in the doubletree PL rooms!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]