Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Doubletree

belmont101
By belmont101,
in

When bidding 3* in jersey city you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this, I reserved a back-up room at the Jersey City Marriott Courtyard for $174 that can be canceled up until the day of check-in.

I have repeatedly tried bidding in the $80 to $90 range for 3 star and 2.5 star hotels in Jersey City with no luck (I think one time I tried up to $110). I will Continue to try in this range up until our trip. (We are now just looking for something the night of the 18th).

This is for a trip to NYC so would consider Manhattan as well but I believe the prices will be higher there.

I'll let you know what happens.

(I have used the savings barn links).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am not sure how to update this thread with a result, but after reserving a back-up room at the Marriott Court Yard Jersey City for $174 (no cancelation penalty made directly through the Marriott web site) I finally won the Double Tree Jersey City for $90 for the night of Saturday Nov. 18. I had been trying since my original post bidding everywhere from $75 up to $110 with no luck until this past Tuesday. I did not try any lower bid just put in the $90 and it was acccepted.

I used the Savings Barn link. Thanks . . my first time using Price Line (will not be the last!)

Congratulations on your win... glad to see you didn't get frustrated, stuck with it, and found success!

We'll take care of editing the topic title accordingly.

Thanks for sharing your win and for starting your bids with the priceline hotel links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]