Priceline Hotel: 5* Venetian Question

Shon
By Shon,
in

I am new to this board and am trying to decide if I should use Priceline for a Las Vegas stay. I would like to go for the Venetian because they have suites and we are a couple with two children and my mom. I am aware that Priceline does not guarantee 2 Queens. However, I would like to know if I get an acceptable bid at a good price will the hotel allow me to pay for the extra adult. I am concerned about the beds but also about pool access. Does anyone have any experience? We cannot afford the hotel web rates.

No guarantees of course, but when i stayed at the Venetian a few years ago there was nobody checking keys to get into the pool area... most likely because the only access to the pool is from the elevators and you do need to present a key for that. (their pool is rooftop and not on groud level, you need to take the same elevator to get to it as you do the rooms, and you need to present a key to get to the rooms)

If it were me i would probably chance it for the following reasons:

1) Higher-end hotels tend to focus a bit more on customer service and would probably be more likely to accomodate your request.

2) You will likely all be together most of the time, so as long as you aren't splitting into 3 groups you should be able to manage a 2 key situation most of the time by coordinating.

3) With the pool situation, you could always go to the pool with your wife and kids (with both keys), then 5 minutes later have your wife leave with both keys and come back down with your mother... but like i said this i don't think this would be an issue, i think the bigger issue is making sure that there are rooms available with 2 Queens when you check-in.

Lastly, if all else fails, Las Vegas is a tipping town and although i'm not one to favor throwing bills around every which way you turn, i think a well placed gratuity will most likely get you the room type you want and as many keys as you need.

Another thought is that i think the Venetian, who loves to advertise the large size of their rooms, would want to ever tell a customer that they couldn't have more than 2 people in a room.

Perhaps others have more recent experiences.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes use priceline because its $10 to $20 a night cheaper then hotwire and the only 5* is the venetian.Every room at the Venetian has one king and a pull out sofa or two beds and a pull out sofa.Dont pay for any extra people!just take your wife to the check in counter and get two keys,dont say anything about extra people and you wont have any problems.If you need extra towels just call house keeping and tip the guy that brings the towels $5.I have stayed here many times w/o paying anything extra for more then two people.just dont have them standing around the lobby when you check in.when using Priceline you have about 6 or more free rebid areas you can use also.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]