Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt

mory
By mory,
in

I tried to get the Jersey citya area, meaning Hyatt on Hudson, struggled to bid from several ways(complete traveling day, spilit 2 pack or 3 pack) at the range of 35US-40US..

But failed all the time, I tried other web: HK,SG and my notebook too, but in vain.

Please advise when is the good time to bid??? or other reason?

IS this time too early to bid for the hotel Jan.13-Jan21,8 nights?

:)

mory

At those prices for 3* you're only really giving yourself a chance at the Hyatt, and their $35 rate is not always available (in fact, i would venture a guess that it's available less then 1/3 of the time). I'd be doubtful that you'll be successful getting all 8 nights at this property... it has nothing to do with where you bid from (PDA, notebook, desktop, etc make no difference).

I would recommend checking the individual dates at the Hyatt's website and if you see back-to-back nites that are low, try those nites on Priceline... assuming of course that you're willing to change hotels during your stay. You can then try bidding for additional nites on to that stay.

It's certainly not too early, it's more likely a case of the hotel not have a high vacancy level. The $35 rate is sometimes available for weeknites, but being a business hotel is more often is available over the weekend and i would at least begin with the weekend nites of your stay (although this does not mean that it's available every weekend).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There you are, Thanks for your advise.

I checked Expedia again it shows no available at this moment Hyatt room.I will try later for lastminites period again.I cannnot do bid for 3 days.

I already got the ticket to Newwark Yesterday.,,,,.

Maybe 5days at Jerseycity, 3 nights in Manhattan to change the place.

Mory

:)

:) Start rebit again from the level of 40SD upto 45 USD, but I failed again to get 3 star hotel on the Jerseycity; the Hyatt hudson in many way of the combinated bids.

Baesd on recent data Mr.travelguy san just got the room just before the departure or so close date of staying..

I try the way as Mr.Travelguy.But I need to bring the notebook at traveling ?It is bothering,,.

• 4 weeks later...

Got it by 33USD and 37 USD Jersey city 3 star!

:) --> :)

After struggled in 2 full days try and error to combining and separating the bid,I finally successfully to get the Hudson from 1/12-1/21 for all days in Hyatt .

Actually I am return from NY.It was bitter cold weather,,. -18 C. degree.

Bid was separated into two. 1/12-1/17 and 1/17-1/21

respsctively 33USD and 37 USD each, however I reported to add UP to 45,,47,,50 USD , I was not in success to get the room,I was so upset.

Maybe if I pay more than 55-60 USD, Priceline would give me the different brand hotel.

The hotel was a nice place and wish to be back again.

Only one problem is cailling to Manhattan, it is charged outside of state charge.I paid 2 times of call, just 20 minutes+ total, cost 45 USD. But this is a kind of chip, would happy to pay by Mastercard.I overall enjoyed to stay this place.

Ken

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]