MI Detroit Suburbs Amerisuites Auburn Hills

Brad Taylor
By Brad Taylor,
in

• 5 months later...

My recent stay at Amerisuites in Feb 2007 was filled with surprises. First off, Amerisuites was bought out by Hyatt and is in the process of updating and renaming all Amerisuites to "Hyatt Place". The Auburn Hills has completed all the rooms and the fitness center with them still working on the Lobby area. (which will feature Starbucks coffee) I also heard it will sandwiches and salads. Here is a link to how the rooms looked and you can then read all about the other changes that will be in the lobby area. http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/place/virtual.jsp?room=g

Check in was pleasant with no mention of priceline. Fresh fruit basket out on counter and I was offered something to drink, coffee, tea, or water. Staff was friendly and helpful from the time I checked in to the time I checked out.

The room was beautiful. Please take the time to go visit The Hyatt Place web site and take a look for yourself, as my words would not do justice.

As I said, my stay was exceptional. There was a manager's reception on Wed night serving wine, beer and soda along with sweet and sour chicken, Mongolian beef, rice, noodles, egg rolls and other hot dishes that I don't recall. There was no charge and it gave you an opportunity to know some of the staff and other guest. In the morning there was hot breakfast buffet that included some extras beside typical cold and hot offerings. (Fresh cut up fruit, cottage cheese, boiled eggs) I had the sausage, eggs which were hot and fresh at 8:30 AM. (Other places I have stayed if you are not there at the crack of dawn, then you get what you get)

Location was easy on and off express way. This property is close to Auburn Palace and Great Lakes Crossing Mall. There was plenty of restaurant choices just an exit or two away.

I would consider booking direct in place of making a priceline bid to assure staying here again next time I'm in the area.

PS, Priceline sent me a survey of this property and one of the questions was what star rating I would give this property? When I bid, it was a 2.5* but I will not be surprised at all if they upgrade it to a 3* at some point.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]