Priceline Hotel: Sofitel an option

dannyben33
By dannyben33,
in

Hello,

I have already found this board extremely helpful. Thank you. I am wondering if the Sofitel is an option on Priceline or Hotwire. My wife and I are staying for one night there (company is picking up the tab for the first night) and we would like to stay there if possible, just not at a 500 a night rate. Any help you could provide or tips on trying to get there would be great. Also, curious as to what is the going rate for a four star hotel on the 12th and 13th of October.

Thank you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see the hotels which have previously been reported in the Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List. With the hotel lists noted, the Sofitel is not a frequently received hotel.

To answer "going rates", which zone(s) are you willing to bid? Do you need to extend your stay by two additional nites?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is your maximum bid... we wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you were willing to pay.

And to add my 2 cents... i'd also consider adding MTS and MTW; when rates are high, like they have been for dates such as these, to get the best price possible you need to expand your zone possibilities in order to 1) increase the number of re-bids you have and 2) increase the number of possible hotels that can accept your bid.

Of course if price is not a primary factor and/or you need to be in the other two areas for a specific reason, then the above does not apply... but NYC is compact enough and mass transit cheap and readily available, that you're not really sacrificing much (if anything) by staying in any midtown zone.

Let us know your thoughts on the above as well as your maximum bid... we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should have caught this last time....

Midtown East and Midtown Central

Midtown Central is not a Priceline Zone... the midtown zones are:

Midtown East

Midtown West

UpperMidotwn/Central Park South

Midtown South

Let us know which one you were refering to and we'll take it from there.

The following will not likely be enough, but i'd start here...

At the 4* level in NYC you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $210.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]