Priceline Hotel: montreal in October

manohman
By manohman,
in

Love this site. Very helpful.

I'm looking to be in Montreal over the week of Oct 16 and would like to stay in a 4* hotel. Looks like the most common are the Hilton Bonaventure, Omni, Sofitel and sometimes Hyatt, all of which seem fine.

I saw on the named hotels section of Priceline they mention this Le Cantlie as a 4*, though it doesn't seem to cut the muster. They sell it named for $105ish. Has anyone ever gotten stuck with this when bidding??

It looks like Montreal has 4 rebids, right? Excluding Dorval.

Do you have any recommendations for how to bid for this time frame and this star level? Much appreciated.

It looks like Montreal has 4 rebids, right? Excluding Dorval.
Why excluding Dorval? You do have 4 re-bid zones including Dorval... why would you exclude Dorval as a re-bid zone?

What is your maximum bid? (we wouldnt' want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you wanted to bid)

With the above we'll should have the information we need to suggest a strategy for yoru to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Montreal....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zoen3...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Montreal and re-bid zone4....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zoen3...

Bid $95.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have never seen Cantlie come up on Priceline period.

I travel to Montreal often, I usually use priceline but will on occasion also make use of hotwire to find accomodations. When I've booked 4* in Montreal using priceline, the Omni, the Hilton or Intercontinental are the properties that come up frequently.

Likewise when I've booked 3* in Montreal using priceline, the two most popular hotels seem to be the Sheraton and the Hyatt.

While I've never seen the Cantlie participating on priceline, I certainly have seen it on Hotwire, where is frequently appears as a 3.5* and which I am always careful to avoid. The Cantlie is well situated at the corner of Peel and Sherbrooke, but the bedrooms, kitchenettes, bathrooms, hallways, etc. all show signs of considerable wear.

If the Cantlie is now taking priceline bids, I will be very interested to see how the property is classified. If it is given the same category rank at the 3* Sheraton and Hyatt, I'd be calling foul very quickly--it's not even close to either of those propereties in terms of comfort, modernity or service.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]