Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Oak Brook-Downers Grove) Homestead Oakbrook

Brett
By Brett,
in

I am looking for a hotel in Oakbrook for a seminar all week long. I wont have a car (Hopefully) and I am looking to stay as cheap as possible, My fiancee will not be with me so as long as it has a bed and clean sheets, I will be happy.

The following Hotels are the closets for walking to my seminar (not in a hotel)

Holiday Inn

Court Yard by Marriott

Staybridge Suites

La Quinta (Roughly translated - "Next to Denny's" - joke, but they do seemed be frequently next to Denny's rest.)

Again, just looking for a cheap place to stay, any suggestions.

Well, It seems like I could get a decent hotel on priceline for Oakbrook for $50 incl. tax. ~$300 for the week.

I would be willing to use either priceline or hotwire, I would prefer to stay in oakbrook specifically to avoid renting a car.

Really I just want to get the cheapest price for a bed for the week, in Oakbrook, so I can be within a mile to a mile and a half walk to the seminar for the week. I suppose if I spent a little more it is likely someone else is staying the hotel I could get a ride with.

I will check out the subway routes maybe that would open it up some more, I could head east so I am going opposite of traffic in the morning/evening.

Can you stay anywhere in the Priceline zone? What about the HOTWIRE zone?
My point above is that the zones are somewhat larger than just the city limits of Oakbrook. I'm not sure where your venue is located, but if it's in the middel of the zone could you accept the possibility of getting a hotel near one of the edges? If the venue is, let's say, at the western edge of the zone, could you handle receiving a hotel on the eastern edge?

Since you can't choose the specific location of the property, i'm trying to make sure that you're comfortable anywhere with the shaded region that makes up the Oakbrook zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, anywhere would be fine in the zone.

La Quinta is the closest.

Looked at hotwire 2* for $32, 2.5* for $37

What sould i expect for the .5* differnce how should I bid for this on priceline?

I have to buy today as I checkin tomorrow. I suppose I ould bid one or two nights and rebid after i get there for the rest of the week.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't expect much of a visible difference between the 2.5* and the 2*... maybe the difference between a LaQuinta vs. a Travelodge/Ramada type of property. Personally i think the 2.5* is a safer bet, but it sounds as if budget is more important to you than quality.

If you try priceline, what is your maximum bid... would you base it off of the $32 or $37 price(s) above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes most likely, Although a thought came acrosss, would a 2 or 2.5 * likely offer internet?

edit - both 2* hotels on hotwire list internet.

Both 2 and 2.5* show only laundry.

Looking on a map the desired hotels would be 1 La Quinta(HW), 2. Homestead Studio Suites (PL(certain) & HW?) 3. Holiday Inn Express (HW)

Well I bit the bullet and did the 2.5* (Hotwire) thinking it was the La Quinta.

However it was not; it is the:

Homestead Chicago Oakbrook

2701 Technology Drive

Lombard, Illinois 60148

(630) 928-0202

Still one of my choices, and is only a mile walk to my seminar and the weather is non-rainy all week. They do charge an additional $5 for Internet for the entire stay.

I guess we need to update the Homestead to a 2.5*

I think that would leave the Holiday Inn Express the 2* at 31-32 a night. Which would have been a 2.5 mile walk...

Should I post this in Hotwire as well? Or are you just going to move it. I would be happy to do a review of my stay.

maybe the difference between a LaQuinta vs. a Travelodge/Ramada type of property

I didn't mean to imply that the 2.5* was the La Quinta, but rather that 'type' (ie-class) of property.

Glad to hear this is within walking distance of the location you need to be.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]