Priceline Hotel: 2* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley-Emeryville) Extended StayAmerica Emeryvil

Wally
By Wally,
in

I won this for Sept 16 for one night. First I bid $45 for 2* for two nights and got a counteroffer to raise by $13. There weren't any free rebids so I bid for just one night and raised to $54 which was accepted. The regular rate was $98 and I used your savingsbarn link. When I checked out they gave me a receipt that showed the price was $52.

Extended Stay Oakland-Emeryville

3650 Mandela Parkway

Oakland, CA 94608

Even though this hotel's address is Oakland it's in the Berkeley-Emeryville zone. I didn't bid in Oakland.

I posted a followup comment but I don't see it now. Maybe it got deleted?

I wrote that I don't want to stay at this hotel again. I planned to use Add a Night for a second night but changed my mind when I saw the place.

The exterior looked good. No problem with the room. The young lady who checked me in was sweet.

My issue was with some of the shady looking people staying at the hotel. At different times I crossed paths with three hotel guests who seemed "not right" and one of them was muttering to himself and looked angry. There were good people staying too but overall a very mixed bag clientele.

A uniformed security guard was on duty in the daytime. At night I think there were two security guards. The front door to the hotel locks at 7pm and you need a room key to get in after that. Hotel still uses plastic cards with punched holes for keys.

Hotel is in a busy traffic area off 880, mostly big box stores, Home Depot, Michael's, Best Buy. I used points to stay at Berkeley Doubletree the next night and that's much better atmosphere and on the bay.

Not deleted, but moved to the HOTEL REVIEW forum so that it could also be linked with a "REVIEW" link next to the hotel in the Priceline Hotel List.

If you believe that a post has been moved you can always find it by clicking "My Assistant" on the right side of the board under the blue banner. A box will then appear and at the bottm of the box is a link to "My Last 10 Posts".

In the rare event your looking for a post that would be beyond your last 10, you alternately could click your name anywhere on the board (easiest place is on the top left where it shows you're logged in) and then on the ensuing screen, on the top right corner, click PROFILE OPTIONS and then "find members posts".

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]