Priceline Hotel: 5* Vegas (Strip) Failed Bids

BestValue
By BestValue,
in

Started bid using SavingsBarn.com, planning a New Year`s trip. Willing to change hotels. Hotel web site for Bellagio $299 for 12/28, $399 for 12/29, Venetian is $199 for 12/28 and $399 for 12/29, and New Years eve is around $699 for both hotels.

I know this is a busy time, but the family wants to spend New Years in Vegas. Any ideas?

Not sure how many nites in total you are looking for... i understand 12/28-12/30, but will you also be there for NYE itself?

You can book the Venetian thru EasyClickTravel travel for $271 average per nite for 12/28-12/30. (breakdown is $145/$398)... cancellable up until 3 days before check-in. At least it locks you in with a price to beat.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am looking for 4 nites, including NYE. Using Easy Click (Venetian) I see the following:

Hotel:

Off the Record

Address:

Rooms: 2

Room Type Policy:

Room Type: Venezia Bella Suites

Adult/Child: 4/0

Check In: 12/28/2006

Check Out: 01/01/2007

Avg per night: $529.65

Rooms cost: $3887.30

Taxes/Fees: $349.86

Total: $4237.16

I am looking to reduce this cost, any ideas?

Once rates at the Venetian get over $200 there is very little discount seen thru the opaque suppliers. Given this is New Years Eve, rates are likely to fluctuate a LOT based upon how bookings come in (more likely how many 'high rollers' decide they want to be in Vegas for NYE).

Based upon current rates you're not likely to see much discount for the above dates (inclusive). I would book the first three nites thru EasyClickTravel and then the last nite directly thru the Venetian (since their own website is cheaper for the last nite of your stay). This at least protects you from rates rising from here, and since each reservation is cancellable without penalty at this point, let's you monitor rates and take advantage of any price drops between now and your stay.

You could try to book the first nite thru an opaque provider, but note that the 5* hotel thru HOTWIRE which shows for this nite does not have a hi-speed internet icon associated with it, as has previously been seen with the Venetian. It is priced at $285 per nite, so if it is the Venetian you would be able to make a Double the Difference claim for a very low price, but since it has no internet icon, it is unknown whether this is a change in amenity icons for this product thru the hotel product or if this is some other 5* hotel in Vegas (the amenities are the same as those associated with the Bellagio, so i think this may be that property... or it could be the Wynn which has recently opened). So read the above as a warning before you assume that the 5* on HOTWIRE is the Venetian.

Let us know what you choose to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]