Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Toronto (Markham) Courtyard by Marriott

slyguy
By slyguy,
in

Given this area doesn't have too many properties, this was more difficult to than expected.

Assuming the two properties are a 2.5* and a 3* here are my best guesses:

The 3*may be the Howard Johnsons and the 2.5* may be the Courtyard by Marriott.

If you'd prefer to give Priceline a try let us know and we'll supply a bidding strategy.

Regardless, please let us know what you ultimately decide to do.

Feel free to ask any add'l questions you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I drive through here all the time .... the Markham zone actually also includes parts of Richmond Hill.

The 2.5's are Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Rez Inn or Courtyard by Marriott ... the one you posted is most likely the Courtyard as it does not show a free breakfast ammenity and I have never seen the Hiltons pop up yet ... they may not be participating...???

The 3.5's could either be the Sheraton Gateway (most likely) which is an older hotel built into shopping/movie complex and also attached to a Best Western. Also, in the area are a Hilton Suites, a new Radisson and unlikely to be a 3.5 * but an older Holiday Inn and Suites.

You best bang for the buck is to bid on Priceline .... $23 for a 2.5* and you will most likely get that Couryard ... it is brand new, great rooms and service and also offers free highspeed internet ... you really can't go wrong. It seems to be available all the time....

Well, I ended up using priceline as suggested. I should have consulted for a bidding strategy since this is my first time using priceline. I bid at $23. It was rejected, and I was told to ad $6.

I could not make another request for the same days, etc. as it came up with duplicate order. I could not re-bid anything lower than $29 on the original bid as it would not go through. Don't know how to re-bid or how you guys re-bid in small increments.

Anyways, bid went through at $29. It was the Courtyard Marriot as you have identified. Stayting from Dec. 24 - Dec. 29.

Sorry, I forgot to use the savingsbarn link. I will remember for next time.

Thanks,

We're glad you were ultimately successful... and ultimately cheaper than you were considering on Hotwire.

All is well that ends well and i wouldn't lose any sleep over the few dollars on the re-bid.

You can learn about re-bidding here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]