By carriek,
in

I need help with bidding

Want 4* only

Midtown (West or Central)

Noticed Upper East & West Side do not have 4* so we can use for re-bid

Rooms 4* for that weekend appear to go for $450

We need 2 beds (there are 4 of us), but are willing to risk it

We prefer to pay around $200, but will go up to $300 (still better than $450)

We have a back-up plan and end of Nov. is still far off.

Is there something going on this weekend in NYC which is taking the prices up so high? Anyone know?

Although i doubt you'll be successful, I would start as follows:

One re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, my mistake, the above would have been for a 3*... i'll revise for 4* but first need to know if you'll include MTS or not.

However, before answering, note the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List. The hotels lists are only hotels that have been reported on the board... there could be unreported hotels, as well as a new hotel added, and you could be the first to report it.

Also, since rates are so high for these dates, why not also include MTE to increase your chances and the number of hotels that could possibly accept your bid? Is there a reason or particular hotel which is causing you to avoid that zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, we will include MTS.

I did look at the hotel list and am concerned about the Benjamin Hotel in MTE because it ONLY has rooms with one bed and we want hotel rooms with 2 beds (knowing that we cannot have that guarenteed, but feel better about knowing that the hotel we get at least has rooms with 2 beds). Additionally, I don't like the location of the Grand Hyatt. So, we are skipping MTE.

Thanks for you help!

Two re-bid zones at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]