Priceline Hotel: 4* NY Bidding Question

texaslonghornfan
By texaslonghornfan,
in

I'm looking to bid for 4 nites in NY right after New Year's. Based on the prices I've seen on various 4 * hotel web site it looks like this is a slack period. I've seen rooms on the Starwood and Hilton web site for under $200/nite ($189 at the NY Hilton for example). I've seen winning bids for $120 at the NY Hilton on this forum. Based on date and prices found, do you think this period would be a good time to win such a bid? I consider $120 for a 4* in Manhattan an excellent deal. Thanks.

While we're certainly willing to help, this forum has been successful based upon users sharing their information and following up their threads with their results (or whatever else they ended up doing for that stay. Even if your plans are cancelled, that is useful information to know rather than have future users wondering you ever had success, cancelled, or made alternate plans. We try to keep open ended threads with no resolution to a minimum because it detracts from the useful and pertinent information that users come here to view.

With the above noted, look at the numerous threads with questions but no follow-up or results. Everyone is welcomed here, and it is already a monumental task to keep the board organized... if you (or anyone else) use the board i don't think it's too much to ask for a follow-up in order to add 'closure' to a thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]