CA Long Beach Doubletree San Pedro

Jasmine
By Jasmine,
in

I stayed at this property from Aug. 23-25 and Aug. 28-31 for $50/night. The hotel had just been renovated and rebranded a Doubletree. I absolutely LOVED it.

The hotel itself is beautiful and it's located right at a really nice marina and has ample free parking. While I was there, they were in the process of painting the exterior white (had been salmon-coloured stucco) and they were still working on the main staircase in the lobby. All other interior areas including the rooms were completed (although between my two stays I did notice the addition of an upholstered chair and floor lamp in the rooms).

Everything inside of the room was brand new with the exception of the bathroom (which is still nice). The decor is really tasteful and modern - nice furniture, down bedding, neutral carpets and curtains. My only complaint was the new carpet smell but with huge windows that easily slide open, it wasn't a problem. The room was probably the most spacious I've ever seen - I stayed in both a room with a king bed and one with two doubles and in both cases there was lots of space to move around and lay out luggage. The hallways are also incredibly wide and bright.

On check in, there was no mention of PL and I was given the type of room requested. Staff was very nice and everyone in my party received "the Cookie" (so delicious). Warning to smokers - there are no longer any smoking rooms in the hotel. The guests checking in ahead of me were not pleased to hear that.

The only downside is the location - it's a bit out of the way (if you look at a map it's apparent) but I liked the hotel so much it didn't matter. I will definitely try to stay here again in the future - though I won't expect the price to be as low as $50.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]