Priceline Hotel: 3* Minneapolis-St Paul (Airport MSP-MofA) Sheraton

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

In your experience, does it still hold true that a higher bid may not necessarily get a more desirable hotel? I've won bids at 45-50 for the Hyatt Dntwn Minneapolis, and 60$ for the Mellinium. I prefer the Millenium or would like to try something else (such as Hilton), but I also don't want to overbid and still get the Hyatt. What are your thoughts?

Yes, still don't recommend bidding higher in hopes of a specific hotel.

What about HOTWIRE or EasyClickTravel?

Those rates above are actually a little high for this area.

I doubt you are blackballed, but did you resolve the situation with Priceline directly or did you dispute the charge with your credit card company?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We've stayed many times in both the MOA zone and DWTN zone. We love the atmosphere of downtown so that is my preference. We are going for a twins game so I suppose we could try the metrodome zone, it is possible to walk between the dwnt and metrodome zones.

The Holiday Inn Metrodome shows no availabity, and the 4 points Sheraton 150.00.

The Sofitel in the MOA zone is 119.00 cancellable. Sheraton Bloomington 139.00 cancellable

This weekend is the last games of the season, so probably why everything is so high.

Hotwire this AM is 161.00 for *4

I'm so spoiled paying around $50 in Minneapolis, I'm having a hard time going over $70. I may book the Sofitel as a backup, what do you think?

cntrfieldsmom

I commented above that rates are a little high for this date... but not outrageously so; i suspect you may have success if you continue to try.

If in your budget, i would also try a $73 bid, as we once saw a rejection in this area at $70 but an acceptance at $73... so at least worth a shot if you're willing to try another $3.

In the meantime do book a cancellable back-up (please use our links in our support page.... which also includes a Sofitel link)

Of course if "push comes to shove", the MofA zone, if acceptable, usually goes for much less than your back-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thought about this thread as i was researching something else today... looks like there's a little U of Minnesota football game this weekend which may be the reason for the difficulty.

Sat, Sep 30 Michigan - Metrodome 7 p.m. ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Additionally... it's Parents Weekend and Employee Appreciation day.

*3 MOA Sheraton $42 Sept. 29 & 30. 2 rooms

I decided that downtown was probably hopeless. Knew that the Sheraton has been coming up often @ $42 and they had a 50% occupancy. I thought about trying lower to start just to see, but thought it risky I could get the Park Place (not that that would be really bad, but I think the Sheraton is nicer and recently renovated)

Thanks for all the help. Bid through savingsbarn of course.

• 4 months later...

I know this trip is long over, but thought I'd add this tip for those who might be interested in the future.

The new "light rail" in the Minneapolis area gives you another nice option when attending events at the Metrodome or other downtown locations. The Metro Transit Hiawatha Line runs from the Mall of America to downtown, including the Metrodome, and provides easy access at a very reasonable cost and avoids all the parking hassles downtown.

Here's a link to the Metro Transit Hiawatha Line (Route 55) http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]