Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Dr) Hyatt Regency

cfprunner
By cfprunner,
in

Here is my story: I found on HOTWIRE a $97 3.5 star Boutique hotel in the Chicago Loop for 9/25-9/27: the dates of an optional meeting. Given the fact that I could find an affordable hotel, I went ahead and checked flights. SWA had $49 rate so I booked my airfare then returned to HOTWIRE to book my room. Hotwire said my session timed out and when I searched again, the hotel wasn't listed. Now the best deal is $209 for a 4*.

So I thought I'd try Priceline: I choose my zones (loop and Mag Mile) and 4* at $105. I added Boutique at $107--nothing.

What should I do next. Is there a way to keep rebidding?

Here is my story: I found on HOTWIRE a $97 3.5 star Boutique hotel in the Chicago Loop for 9/25-9/27: the dates of an optional meeting. Given the fact that I could find an affordable hotel, I went ahead and checked flights. SWA had $49 rate so I booked my airfare then returned to HOTWIRE to book my room. Hotwire said my session timed out and when I searched again, the hotel wasn't listed. Now the best deal is $209 for a 4*.

Any change the Hotel Allegro will show up again?

Right now, I booked through your easy click link the White Hall for $149 for the 25th and the Sheraton (which is where the conference is) for $195 for the 26th but I like the idea of trying the Best Western at $119.

I guess I'd go up to $130 at Price Line. The funny thing about this is that I was only going to stay 1 night--but when I saw the rate was so low, I thought it would be better to attend the full meeting. :)

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* or Boutique in Chicago. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Based upon your recent rejections i would bid as follows:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

If the above is rejected close your browser and repeat the process, but select Boutique instead of 4 stars.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- if you're considering the Best Western Grant Park at $119 i would book it now while it's available as EasyClickTravel doesn't get an unlimited number of rooms at their contracted price. If you have success with one of the opaque suppliers, or you choose your one of your other back-ups, you can always cancel easyclicktravel without penalty up to 3 days before your check-in date.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, in particular, this part:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Please read the above link and then ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thank you for reporting your hotel win and details. Hopefully the hotel will be close to the meeting you mentioned in your original post. Enjoy your stay!

Also, as I mentioned in the other thread, you may want to make use of the automatic check-in in the lobby and see what it has to offer in terms of rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]