Priceline Hotel: Help with NYC 09/15-09/22

bidder5000
By bidder5000,
in

I have been trying to bid through Priceline on NYC for 09/15-09/22 for several weeks now without any success. Yes, I know it is prime time, but how much should I expect to stay to pay to stay in NYC at a 3* hotel during this time? I have bid all NYC locations up to $225 without any success. Again, this is 3* I would think I could find something for $225. I need to be in the city, can't do jersey or jfk, etc.

thanks!

While most posts are answered within a few hours, there is no deadline and all posts are answered as time and schedule permits... bumping your thread is 'ok' after a day without an answer (and seeing other posts getting answered) but to do so after a few hours is not considered good message board netiquette. If you looked closely you'd see that no posts made after 10:20 (your first post) were answered (at least by me) since you subsequently bumped your threads... and often bumping your threads will simply send you to the back of the queue (based upon how we go about answering threads).

In regards to your stay, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the message and sorry for bumping, I just am under a time crunch with the trip being this FRIDAY, Yikes! And, did I mention this is a trip for my boss! Anyhow, sorry.

Since this is a trip for the bossman, I don't really want to split the trip.

thanks for the feedback and sorry about my frantitic panic attitude. I have been watching these boards for weeks and following all of the great advice thinking that I would pick up something in NYC for a reasonable price.

Thanks again!

Bottomline is that rates are high for these dates and you'll have to "give" someplace... whether is be with splitting the bid, raising your bid, lower your star rating, etc.

You can use our Better Checker to easily check multiple properties and get a feel for where rates are for these dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.

What price point do you think I need to be at to get a 3* in NYC for this timeframe?

Also, you had mentioned on another posting the site that has the Holiday Inn Midtown for $260 a night, I see that come up on the link you provided easyclicktravel.com, however, it shows that they take 48 hours to get back to you to let you know if you can have the rate. What kind of experience do you have with this site? Is it usually pretty reliable?

thanks a ton.

Cheers!

I'd guess it will take in excess of $300/nite if you're not willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

I've added a thread to the pricefaq page which discusses how EasyClickTravel 'on request' hotels work.... bottomline is that i think you've waited to long to get an answer back from them with this property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]