LAX Los Angeles Compact Avis

i_s
By i_s,
in

I got a compact for $11/day today from AVIS for the weekend.

I have a question, will my credit card still cover the CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) insurance given that I paid through priceline. I am still charging the entire amount to my CC. The terms on my credit card benefits don't mention anything with regard to this.

Thanks.

i.s.

My understanding is that the priceline price is only for the car rental, and CDW insurance is not part of your bid unless it is specifically mentioned in your confirmation page. On every priceline car rental I have done, if you want the CDW insurance, you can purchase it at the counter when you are getting your car, but that will be charged over and above what you paid to priceline for the car rental. That is the same for any upgrades, extras, or fuel charges which are also not covered by the priceline rental agreement.

Since your priceline bid and purchase is for a rental car, I don't see why your credit card benefit would not apply for that rental, but to be sure, I would call your credit card company to confirm their policy, rather than be worrying about it.

Hope this helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]