CA Oakland-Eastbay Crowne Plaza Concord-Lafayette

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Sheraton should be embarrassed to have its name on this property - it's a dump!

It's an old 3-story building that's really showing how long it has not been renovated. The room was large but filthy. Stains everywhere on the carpet, bed cover and upholstery. Pieces of paper on the floor, sticky night stands and coffee table. The toilet reservoir did not refill after flushing, so I only used it once... The water was lukewarm. The carpet and mattress smelled dumpy. I hope I never have to stay here again, and I let them know that on the comments card.

Next door to the Concord airport, which was a bit noisy in the morning.

The room had a king bed, a sofa and a dresser with the TV on it, a work desk with a single chair.

The bathroom was small with old fixtures and 70s-style counter around the sink.

Coffee maker; two phones; high-speed Internet - $9.95; local and 800 calls - 0.99 for the first hour, 0.10/minute thereafter. When I checked out with one call on my account, they refused to charge less than $1 for my CC. I said I didn't have cash, so they waived the charge.

Free parking.

The hotel guide mentioned a gym, and a pool. There's a restaurant in the lounge (probably the only reason for the 3-star rating), and a mini-Starbucks.

No additional taxes/fees.

To: "'zbenye at yahoo.com'" <zbenye at yahoo.com>

Subject: Sheraton Concord

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:48:22 -0800

Dear <zbenye>,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your comment card upon departure.

I apologize for the problems you encountered with the room. We are currently renovating the hotel. The Concord Wing has been completed and the Buchanan wing, where you stayed, will be completed by April.

Please contact me prior to your next visit to the hotel and I will be happy to assist with reservations.

Sincerely,

Gerry Vadnais

General Manager

So I got a "Priceline room".

• 8 months later...

Just discovered today that Sheraton has sold this property. Hotel is now called Concord Hotel and Conference Center. I searched Sheraton.com for Concord, but only hotels in the surrounding area displayed. So it appears Sheraton is no longer affiliated with it in any way.

Don't know if the new ownership participates in Priceline, but the hotel does display (under the new name) in Hotwire's vacation package.

Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. also selling it under the new name.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Off I780. Plenty of free parking. Inner ring of rooms with windows to the central indoor courtyard area. This area includes the pool, and you may hear children playing. Spacious rooms in good condition with king size bed, large desk with data port, and 2 arm chairs with 1 foot rest. CD player/alarm/radio. Bedding was soft and comfortable. Average sized bathroom with marble counter, hair dryer, clothes line. Outer vanity mirror, counter, and coffee maker. Spacious closet with ironing board and iron.

In addition to standard complimentary shampoo/lotion/soap, they also included free ear plugs and eye mask. There was also a relaxation/meditation CD that stays in the room.

Hi speed internet for $9.95/day. Didn't use it, but if you forget your ethernet cable, there's a spare hanging in the closet.

Free local newspaper and USA Today at your door and apples at the front desk.

Satisfied and would stay again.

• 4 years later...

Not much has changed since the above review.

The "relaxation CD" is advertised on the website but was not in my room.

There also was no newspaper at the door.

Currently they are doing some painting or varnishing in some of the rooms (I was on the "Concord Wing"). While I was a floor up from where the work was being done, some of the fumes did drift up the elevator.

Overall however, it was a very nice property and the rates they offer on Priceline are excellent.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]