Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Doubletree Anaheim-Orange County

ghoulgirl1
By ghoulgirl1,
in

Rates are somewhat high for these dates, but i would try as follows:

You have 3 re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in Orange County. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Costa Mesa-Irvine...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using Savingsbarn.com link, I followed your strategy for 10/3 to 10/5.

1) Bid $50 for 3* for Costa Mesa/Irvine zone and was rejected.

2) Modified bid to $55 and added free rebid zone Anaheim Hills and was rejected.

3) Modified bid to $60 and added free rebid zone Laguna Hills and was rejected.

4) Modified bid to $65 and added free rebid zone Seal Beach and was rejected.

I'm leaving for So Cal on 9/29. Is there any possibility that rates or add'l stock will become available for a 3* in the Costa Mesa/ Irvine zone closer to my departure date? If that isn't likely, what would a good starting point be for a 3* in the Disneyland zone for 10/3 ttp 10/5? Thx.

Can't say whether or not rates will come down between now and your departure, but for a discussion on this subject see the "when to bid" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

As i mentioned above rates are a bit high for these dates so that is probably contributing to your lack of success. I'd suggest giving the above link a read and deciding if you want to wait it out and try again or try the Disney zone now? Rates in the Disneyland area are usually readily available due to the large number of hotels in the area, so you could wait it out a few days and try again, but i woudldn't wait until the last minute.

If/when you decide to switch zones we'll suggest a strategy at that time to make sure we're dealing with the most current rates.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can actually use your previously failed zone to expand beyond three re-bids :)

Select 3* Disneyland...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $49, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Disneyland and Costa Mesa/Ivine...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Followed your strategy, using all possible free rebid zones with continued rejections at the 3* level. Reopened my browser and added Costa Mesa/Irvine to the mix and submitted a bid for $55 for 10/3 to 10/5 and won the Doubletree Anaheim/Orange. Thanks for all the help. I checked Doubletree's web site and the best rate was $139 per night. Am a happy camper with this deal. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]