Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

kmcgator
By kmcgator,
in

Would appreciate any assistance you can provide in finding a 4* hotel on Priceline for September 22nd for 2 nights (checking out on the 24th)... Looking for MTW 1st preference than MTE.. willing to spend in the $175-$250 range. I am interested in 4* only. I have not used Priceline before, but am pretty computer savvy and should be able to figure out quickly with some assistance!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kevin

Would you also consider the UM/CPS zone? This zone (along with MTE and MTW) are usually fine for most visitors to the city as all the 4* hotels are close to mass transit and it is easy to get around the city. Adding this zone will incrase the number of bidding opportunities that you have (as well as add more potential hotels to accept your bid). Rates in this area are usually higher than MTE and MTW so changes are probably low that you'd win a hotel in this area, but if you don't want to stay here then i wouldn't include it in your bidding.

Let us know if this zone is ok to include or not and we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are not too high for these dates (as they are for much of September), so although your stay is quickly approaching, i would try lowballing a bit on the first round of bidding.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the assistance.. that was INCREDIBLY easy.. took all of 5 minutes and that includes going through your entire sequence below (all those bids were rejected) then going back in again and starting the process again with higher bids... ultimately this is what I wound up getting:

Grand Hyatt New York (4*)

$180 a night... (compared to a best rate of $289 on the major travel sites)

I have stayed there before it is a very nice hotel in a great location...

FYI, after the intial sequence below was unsuccessful I started the process over again focusing on MTW 1st and bids for that were rejected up to $200....

Thanks again!

Kevin

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]