Priceline Hotel: 4* Detroit (Dearborn) Hyatt Regency

osprey6
By osprey6,
in

OK, I'm not a complete newbie, I've actually had a lot of experience at "that other priceline board"(and been bawled out more than once for a minor rules violation) , and I've had some great wins, especially in the DC (Virigina suburbs) area, although nothing within the last year due to the birth of our daughter.

Here's the scoop - I'm looking for 4* only in Dearborn for one night beginning September 9. It's my wife's birthday weekend and I want to give her the best. We are going to the Lions-Seahawks game on Sunday.

I see I have free rebids in both Taylor and Downtown at that star level.

Southfield would be acceptable as a last resort, but DTW Airport is not, due to distance and parking. I believe that represents all available zones.

My max bid is $75. At anything above that, it's not worth it. We found a $98 rate at the Embassy Suites in Novi and I'm at 10k points with HHonors. Plus, of course, that one would come with breakfast.

The posted winners seem to have varied somewhat in price, and I don't believe any were for a weekend.

My initial plan was to try:

Dearborn: 50

add Downtown: 57

add Taylor: 66

add Southfield: 75

Any criticisms or suggestions would be most welcome.

The above strategy leaves you vulnerable to overbidding for the Deaborn zone.

This is a better approach (imo):

Select 4* Dearborn...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dearborn and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65.

If the above is rejected i would then try this 24 hours later:

Select 4* Dearborn...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Dearborn and re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Southfield...

Bid $45, if rejected add Dearborn...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $53.

I'm pretty sure you'll find success with the above, but if not we'll advise further.

If for some reason you choose to book direct (Embassy Suites or any other national chain) please use the links in our support page to begin your purchase.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Success bidding on the first try! I used the savingsbarn.com link as requested. I'm also told this is the team hotel!!! This is definitely one of my better priceline wins. Hyatt.com lowest rate is $119!!!

4* Hyatt Regency Dearborn

Check-In Date: Sat, Sep 9, 2006

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sun, Sep 10, 2006

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$14.19

Total Charges*: $64.19

Thereuare, please edit title to reflect winning bid. Thanks so much for the assistance, even though it turned out not to be used.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]