Priceline Hotel: NYC, 4*, 12/9-12/10/06

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

I need two rooms, 4* level, for one night, 12/9 - 12/10/06. Rejected up to $180 in all zones.

Through savingsbarn.com, I linked to priceline today and bid:

MTE $150, then added

MTS $155

MTW $160

UM CPS $165

UES $170

UWS $175

Last resort:

DT/SOHO $180

Prefer midtown but will take downtown if necessary. Would also take Millennium UN Plaza but it has been downgraded to 3* and other 3*s are too iffy.

Need to stay at $200 or under per room, per night. Any ideas or alternatives? Thanks!

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the above as this is one of the busiest times in NYC. There is always a chance that if you wait many/most hotels will be sold-out.

For a indepth discussion and varying opinions of "when to bid" see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ and you can then decide for yourself the best approach to take on this stay.

If you choose to bid now, what is your maximum bid? Do you have any back-up reservation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My post has a typo and should read 12/9 - 12/10 not 12/20, the stay is just one night.

My max bid was $200 but after contemplation it is now $230. No back up yet, working on it. Probably won't stay overnight if can't get something within price range.

To clarify my first post, I added each zone as I went along, did not bid them just individually (except first bid).

To further comment on the above, in looking further at this stay, you'll notice that both the Hilton properties ("New York" and "Times Square") are currently showing sold-out on the Hilton website.

I would try as follows:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $225, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select MTW and UM/CPS and MTE and MTS...

Bid $230, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

IF the above fails, then:

Select 4* Downtown...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and Downtown...

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS and Downtown...

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS and Downtown...

Select 4* MTW and MTS and Downtown...

Select 4* MTE and MTS and Downtown...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS and Downtown...

Select MTW and UM/CPS and MTE and MTS and Downtown...

Bid $230

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, thank you for the bidding strategy. I was able to book two rooms (one with one king bed, and one with one queen) at the 3 West Club, a private club, near Rockefeller Plaza and across from St. Patrick's Cathedral, for $205 a night for each room.

There is very little written about this place as a hotel, although the function room at the club has its own Web site. I believe it may once have also been known as the 5th Ave Club as well. The few reviews about it I have been able to google are all good. I suspect this is equal to 3* in caliber, supposedly nice size rooms but no room service. RS is not something I want anyway.

So for that rate, I am happy and for now will stick with this deal. Prices for this date are absolutely obscene. Dumps (i.e. Hotel Penn) are going for $450 a night. I honestly do not know who in their right mind is paying these rates. What country is getting such a good return on the dollar that these prices make sense...?

TrentLori, hang in there and good luck. I am also going to keep my eye on things to see what progresses. I have to believe some inventory is going to come into play at some point.

trentslori,

OMG! These prices are something else... One of my thoughts was the prices are so high because the places are actually full but don't want to advertise that...but since someone actually won something on priceline...maybe not...just may be supply and demand to the nth degree.

I did not get my rooms from priceline. I got them from the hotel directly and they have no more vacancy for those dates, I snagged the last two rooms.

I have a feeling it is going to be very crowded that weekend...but I'm ready!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]