Priceline Hotel: Thanksgiving -- high demand

graceh9
By graceh9,
in

what distinquishes a 4 star and a boutique hotel in San Francisco

I noticed many of the kimpton hotels are 4* -- but I think of e.g.

the Monaco as a boutique hotel. I don't want to get stuck in some

dumpy B&B but would like to also avoid the plastic convention hotel.

So do 4* and boutique overlap or ?

I would like a place with personality like the Monaco or Argnonaut.

These seem to be 4* places in San Francisco. Do the two categories

overlap (I understand that boutique does not get upgraded to 4*)?

Or what defines a boutique hotel? If I opt for 'boutique' are places

like the kimpton hotels in that category.

What does one end up with 'boutigue' in San Francisco?

Here is Priceline's description of a boutique hotel:

"Usually smaller and more intimate, boutique hotels offer a different experience than your typical hotel. These unique, and often historic properties are well appointed with designer soft-goods, upgraded amenities and eclectic designs.

Due to their historic nature, rooms may be slightly smaller than standard hotels and may only accommodate one bed. Boutique hotels cater to the customer and tend to provide a more personal level of guest service. Creative restaurants, room service, fitness centers and business services are some of the amenities and services offered.

Boutique hotels will have the following amenities:

Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

Telephone with Voicemail

Radio Alarm Clock

Iron and Ironing Board

Hairdryer

Business Services

Restaurant

24 Hour Front Desk"

I know the 'standard boilerplate' definition -- but then I read the reviews for the

Galleria a frequent 'win' on this category and it sounds like a total dump

perhaps that answers my question and I should just stick with 4* and risk plastic convention hotel rather than musty B&B mascarading as 'boutique'

Historically, I don't think it's an especially heavy weekend in SF for hotel occupancy. Your best bet would probably be the USE zone, since it encompases the Financial District where I would expect occupany levels to be at their lowest compared with other areas of the city.

But your best gauge would be to check conventional rates. If participating Priceline 4 star hotels are in the $150-200 range, then you know occupancy levels aren't especially high and you might have good luck with Priceline in the $70-100 range. Also, check Hotwire and see what prices they are displaying as a basis for comparison.

You can see the hotels reported at each category level in the Priceline Hotel List for this area... that should probably give you an idea of what category you wish to bid.

Let su know once you decide which category to bid, your maximum bid, zone(s) you're willing to accept, and the actual dates of your stay... we'll then be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]