OAK>BIL Xmas Bid Assist:

rihallix
By rihallix,
in

We're looking to buy 2 tickets from either OAK or SFO to BIL (Billings Montana) leaving around Sun 17th Dec and returning around 27th Dec 2006. We're flexible on dates. We have a 10 month old lap child and are nervous of Delta's typical 38 min connection time for their Salt Lake City connection, or the frequently cancelled Alaskan turboprop flights from Seattle to Billings. Any idea what effect there is when you say you're travelling with an infant - does this exclude such tight connections?

Actual ticket prices where airlines are combined start at around $430 + tax, single airline iteneraries are over $500. I've done laddered bidding (different dates/Bay area airports OAK and SFO) around the dates up to $315 and got nothing. What discounts are people seeing for Xmas iteneraries this year?

Advice appreciated. Are the airlines just not conceding much on price at Christmas. The airfares seem horrific this year - we're used to paying under $350.

Advice appreciated - what price will we hit paydirt? If we have to bid over $350 we'd just book regular flights to avoid risky iteneraries.

Rihallix

In the past few months, my experience with flights via Priceline have been that their savings only amount to $20-30 over regular fares. For that little of a price differential, I'd prefer to book directly and pick my flight times.

By chance would Boise be an option for you? What's the distance between Boise & Billings? United has nonstop flights SFO-BOI and they are currently priced just over $300 for your December dates. And I'm sure a 90 minute flight with an infant would be attractive over a connecting itinerary via SEA or SLC on your way to/from BIL.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]