Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Beach) Sheraton Yankee Clipper

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Ok, after reading THIS POST where mmermans won the Yankee Clipper, I'm torn because I too am going to FL from Southwestern Ontario from March2-10th. Like I previously said I want an airport hotel for the first night since Im arriving at 11pm and need to pick up a rental car the next morning.

I checked the dates and see that this same 3* is availble for 70 a night. Now that I know what hotel it is, I am so tempted to take it on Hotwire, but wonder can I undercut the price from priceline? Or, will the prices go down.

Do you know if this hotel has free parking?

Thanks

Randi

Happy Travelling, Randi

Nobody knows if the rates will go up or down... it all depends upon how bookings come in relative to how bookings are expected to come in.

You can certainly try to under-cut it on Priceline, but then you have no way to target this hotel and are subject to the "luck of the draw" of the properties that Priceline deals with in this zone. Hotwire is often a little more than Priceline, but that's the cost of knowing the amenities beforehand.

Hotel's website indicated "Valet Service and Pay Self Parking Facilities" so it doesn't appear that parking is free, but you'll have to call the hotel to find out actual costs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I tried to undercut on Priceline to no avail. I started at 50, then used free rebids up to 60$. Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see what the taxes and fees on Priceline was for 4 nights at 70 a night so I punched that in. The fees and taxes came to 42.51. On Hotwire they were 36.95. I was very surprised as I thought Hotwires fees were always higher. I just dont know what to do. Im so torn. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

And, I really dont want to pay huge dollars for parking.

Thanks

R

Happy Travelling, Randi

Ok, I had to do it too. I was so stressed out over this that I couldnt sleep. I went back to Hotwire today and the rate dropped by 2 dollars.

Last night I looked around and found a motel for 50, that was 1 mile away( No thanks). I went to the sheraton website and looked at all the specials. They had some kind of "up to 50% off the rack rate" with AAA. That rate ended up at 145 a night. I was trying my hardest to find a rate that was cheaper or equal to the 68. Equal being so I could get starwood points. I had no such luck so my husband told me to just book it so we can stop worrying.( really so I can stop worrying).

I still need one more night( our first night) at the airport, but Im not going to stress on that now.

So here are the details:Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

(954) 524-5551

Check-in:

Wed, Mar 3, 2004 at 3:00 PM

Check-out:

Sun, Mar 7, 2004 at 11:00 AM

Guest Name(s):

Randi

Billing Details

No. of Rooms:

No. of Nights:

Price Per Night:

$68.00

Subtotal:

$272.00

Taxes / Booking Fees:

$36.95

Total Price:

$308.95

Happy Travelling, Randi

Well if you're more relaxed now than no matter what happens you did the right thing... there's certain price to be paid for comfort (not just in a hotel room, but in peace of mind as well). Besides, i've heard you probably have other things on your mind between now and then :)

I'm sure the hotel will work out great, you got the beach which you wanted, and the rest is just details.

Enjoy the trip and good luck with the hurdles you need to jump over before then.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At this point in time i don't think you could have done better, given everything else we've seen. I think you proved this to yourself when you saw the rates for this hotel... all double what you paid. As well, this doesn't even account for your peace of mind of putting this behind you and concentrating on other, more pressing, things.

A BIG downside is if demand tightened up and nothing was available, like we're seeing for a few upcoming dates in both the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area. As long as you're happy with the hotel, the reward in waiting and hoping for a few dollars less wasn't worth the risk of getting shut out and having to pay MUCH more.

Please start a separate thread for your last nite (and remind me of the date, i think it's 3/9 if i'm not mistaken).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]