Priceline Hotel: 2* Cleveland (Airport South) Towneplace Suites Airport

urso_polar
By urso_polar,
in

Answers to your questions

What is/are the actual dates of your stay.

If your dates are flexible that you only need one nite anytime in mid-September, what is the range of dates that is acceptable?

my dates are flexible

Possible dates are sept 14, 15, or 17

or 1 week later sept 21, 22 or 24

What is your maximum bid?

I had mentioned that my max bid was $60

Are your plans for this trip firm?

yes

thanks for the prompt response

Sundays are usually the least expensive in the hotel industry. I suspect that the Airport Vicinity and Westlake (not too much info on Elyria on the board) will be the least expensive... well within your budget. Likewise, you may even be able to get a 3* in the Airport zone well within your budget.

Would you want to spend a bit more (but still below $60) for a higher rated hotel or do you just want the least expensive at the hotel class you select? Let us know this, as well as if you'd simply prefer to go for a 2* or a 2.5* and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, I simply prefer to go for a 2* or a 2.5*

I do have a slight preference for the South Clevand Airport zone. The selection of hotels seemed the best there. I'll just bid 2 or 3 dollars more for this zone.

My $60 maximum was arrived at by looking at hotwire's comparable properties.

thanks again

Mark

HI

I was anxious to start bidding, so I bid $28 for airport South 2* sept 17.

PL Response

we were not able to find a hotel that would accept your price for $28 per room, per night. If you are willing to raise your price by $7, you can try the same request again right now. So I realize that I am in striking distance.

My questions:

Are there other zones that are probably more expensive that I could combine with airport south to bid again ? I was thinking downtown but I don't know about sunday nights. I realize that it wouldn't be a free bid because there is a chance that the 2nd zone that we think is more expensive turns not to be.

Previously you had mentioned that u thought the airport zone was probably the cheapest. Do u think it or another zone is available for $28?

Please excuse me if I put you to alot of work for a bidding strategy

regards

Let's take one step backwards for a minute...

Since you prefer the CLE SOUTH zone, and you know that $35 is likely more than enough for a hotel in that zone, is that a figure that you would be satisfied paying to be sure of being in that zone? I'm not suggesting that you do bid that amount at this point, but your answer will help determine your next step. If not, how mcuh would you be willing to pay to be in that zone?

I'm assuming you'd rather pay (say) $35 to be in the CLE SOUTH zone rather than (say) $28 to be in one of the other zones?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since it has been 24 hours since your previously rejected bid i would now try as follows:

Select 2* Airport South

Bid $30, if rejected add Cleveland Airport Vicinity...

Bid $25, if rejected add Elyria....

Bid $25, if rejected add Westlake...

Bid $25.

(you can adjust the order of the last 3 zones based upon your preference of one zone over the other two)

If rejected post back and we'll advise on the next round.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I tried your strategy @ $30 & $25 no luck

but I received a counter offer for the airport zone.

evidently the airport zone is the cheapest

24 hrs later

Success when I bid $32 for the airport zone south

Towneplace Suites Cleveland Airport

Check-In Date: Sun, Sep 17, 2006

Check-Out Date: Mon, Sep 18, 2006

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $32.00

Extend Your Stay

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $32.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$12.08

Total Charges*: $44.08

PS (used savings barn) & thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]