Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Parsippany-Morristown (Parsippany-Hanover) Summerfield Suites

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

• 3 weeks later...

Helping someone to bid on 9/14 at last minute and got this extra day.

Bid $30 at 2.5* Parsippany NJ on 9/14, got nothing, not even the familiar $8 counter ... Bid again at the same price but change date to 9/15, still rejected, still no $8 counter ... Thought may be getting more crowed since more people know the great deal ... So, bid again added another zone at $32 ... Got it!!! :)

I arrived after midnight Friday night and saw the parking lot pretty full (remeber? I got a bad/good habit to drive around a hotel parking lot before check in...), I thought, Oh my God! and I was right, I got the LAST unit, a ground floor unit that is "smoking room". Too bad, can not changed, no non smoking room left ...

No problem, I went back to car and get my personal purifier got from Shaper Image to filter out all the smokes and smells, just take 15 minutes, the whole unit smell great, better than non-smoking room. I learn this years ago from Wyndham Willmington DE. We hit the same situation, no non-smoking room left, but manager told me no problem, and when we came back 30 minutes later could not believe our nose, it smelled totally differently. So, what was the tip? a air purifier...

Well, it did not end there. The TV/VCR did not work, but I managed to fixed it for my kid. Then the stove did not heat, both not work!!! Front desk was surprised that we cook late dinner after midnight :) Well, later I called front desk that I fixed the stoves; it is so simple, I think the maid clean the stove, and forgot to "plug in" the connectors. Then, there was another thing, the refrig did not make ice cube ... as you can guess, I fixed it as well. The only thing now was no pillow nor sheets for sofabed, but front desk came deliver very fast, so I gave the young man good tips. I guess they may not have a need to sell this room for a long long time... But it is nice, the bath with "pocket door" and curve rod curtain... Oh, one last thing I fixed for this room is the Internet. It was after midnight and did not work, front desk could not help, theirs not work either ... any got it work later ...

This morning was great, as last week, very happy to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast with all the hot itmes I like, but apparently more crowd ...

I also saw from other publications saying it is going to call "Hyatt Place", so not sure if "Hyatt Select" is still the one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]