Priceline Hotel: New York (Midtown) - 10/23-10/25

magikolas
By magikolas,
in

G'day,

I am completely new to Priceline and Hotwire and am travelling to NYC for the first time on the dates listed above.

I have been reading posts in the forum, and looking around at some different websites to get an idea of what price I will be paying to stay (hopefully near times square) for these two nights.

In general the prices seem to be very expensive (expecially when you convert them to Australian dollars) and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips or have seen any specials around for these dates. I have to keep accomodation under $200 per night, but wondering how possible that actually is.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Is it better to wait for another month or so before I book (ie am I more likely to get a bargain)

Thanks

Nick

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For "when is the right time to bid" see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Can you clarify the dates of your stay... you mention two nites but your dates above appear as one nite. I'm assumg it is it actually check-in: 10/23 and check-out: 10/25?

Which zone(s) are you willing to bid?

Is $200 your maximum bid amount or total "all-in" including fees and taxes? If an all-in figure please let us know your maximum bid amount before taxes and fees.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Again,

Sorry, Typo there. Yes, check in 10/23 and out 10/25.

As I dont know Manhattan at all, I want to be close to Times Square so I figure MTS, MTE, MTW and UM/CPS.

I would like 3/4*, but price is most important to me. If I can get 3* for $150 then I would take that for example over 4* for $200 (If those prices are even reaonable)

I am flying over from Australia and travelling all around the states.

Just using your link now to try and book in San Francisco

Cheers

Nick

You have one re-bid zone at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTS...

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and MTW...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTS and UM/CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW adn UM/CPS and MTS and MTE

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are very high for these dates and NYC this Fall so far has been tough for everyone! :)

You could book the Gershwin for $179/nite (comments), the Envoy Club for $229/nite (comments), or the Best Western President for $219/nite (comments).

All of these are available thru Quikbook on a "Book Now Pay Later" rate which are cancellable, so you can use any of the above as a back-up while you continue to try to do better with the opaque suppliers.

After many extensive hours searching the internet, I have found a hotel, The Edison, which is directly in the centre of Times Square for $170 per night. Its 3* and has mixed reviews but sounds like it will be sufficient for my purposes. Have booked it directly through their website, and it is fully cancelable if plans change. Will try priceline again in another month or so and see if my luck changes.

Thankyou all for your help.

N

• 5 weeks later...

Hi - I am looking at a room for three nights (10/22 - 10/25) in the Times Square area of New York. On hotwire, I can find a 4* for the night of the 22nd for $227 (which i can match up to be the Westin). It appears to be much more expensive on the nights of the 23rd and 24th. y wuestion is to whether it could be a fair assumption to bid this on Priceline, and then use the 'extend your stay' option for the extra two nights. Ie, is this always available (sorry if this is a dumb question but terribly new to al of this)

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

A few problems with your premise above:

1) priceline will only allow you to extend your stay for the same or fewer nites as your original reservation. Therefore you don't be able to book one nite and then extend for two additional nites

2) the extend your stay option is not always available or offered

3) you could win a different hotel on your priceline bid

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]