Hotwire Hotel: Help IDing a hotel

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Ammenities are suite, pool, fitness, kitchenette and business center.

Price is 51 for two nights. Feb 23 and 24. Im taking the Michigan bar exam. I already have a standing reservation at the Kellogg center for 94. The exam is being held there. Im wondering if its worth it for me to drive from whereever this mystery hotel is.

R.

Happy Travelling, Randi
East Lansing.... Im taking the Michigan bar exam.

This must be the easier version of the exam being given in Ann Arbor! :)

Possibilities i could find include the Residence Inn, Candlewood Suite, and Towneplace Suites.

The RI has an off-site gym (but free) and includes breakfast so not an exact match, i can't seem to find any info that The Candlewood has a pool, and the Towneplace Suites seems to match pretty good (although one site says fitness is on premises, while another says "nearby").

I'd do some more research before moving forward on this, but my own thoughts:

Stick with the Kellogg Center. On a day of an exam of this nature the last thing you want to do is be thinking about driving to the testing center or anything else. A lot can be said for convenience and this is a day where that convenience will be welcomed.

Good Luck on the exam.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I saw your little symbol awhile ago, so I figured you'd be very familar with Michigan.

I'm actually from California, but I moved to Ontario when I married a Canadian. My plan is to practice in Michigan and live in Windsor, ON. Sooooo, I'm not familar with the rivalry between the two schools. I'll ask my friend about it though, I'll be staying with her in Ann Arbor for two months while I take the bar classes. She is a sgt at the U of M police dept.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Your friend will surely know of the rivalry (reputation is that UM is a 'tougher' school to get into. MSU started as an agricultural school and is often referred to as "moo U")

How soon until you leave to stay in AA (<-- Ann Arbor)?

I'll give you a list of some "must try" places while you're in town... as well as who is open until 4am for late nite food deliveries for when you're studying at that hour. :)

I've been to Windsor a few times while I was in Michigan... like most everyone else we went to dinner at Mother's for beer and pizza. I assume it's still there.

AA is truely a fantastic town. Unfortunately you'll be there when it's cold, but it's still one of my favorite places in the country! So much to see and do, and just about everything is walkable (albeit the cold weather).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I leave on the 28th of this month. I wont actually be staying in AA, I'll be taking my classes there at Ava Maria law school. Ill be staying in Chelsea. I wasnt aware that its 22 miles from the school, but all I plan to do is work out, and study. Hopefully the weather will hold up so I can drive back to Canada on the weekends to see my honey.

Im not looking forward to this, but it must be done.

Please email the places you talked about.

Thanks

R

Happy Travelling, Randi

Zingerman's- a "must" do deli, perhaps the best deli in the country (and that comes from a NYer!). My recommendations is a #18 Georgia Reuben!

Coffee Break- (South University, near Washtenaw) if you like rice, MUST try BeBimBob which is a big bowl of rice, with sections of bean sprouts, spinach, shredded carrot and celery, and marinated bul go gi beef... all covered with a sunnyside up egg! Sounds strange (or disgusting) but a staple among those in the "know"

Pizza House- good food and delivery until 4am

Hand's on Museum- when you need to take a break from studying this place and will teach you how things work, lots of kids around too which is 'refreshing' during stressful times as it puts things in perspective (for me at least)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]