Priceline Hotel: Detroit Airport Doubletree

abacus2004
By abacus2004,
in

Hi,

I was thinking of bidding for 3* at Detroit Airport (DTW). Looking at the postings here I figured there would be a good chance of landing either the Marriott Airport or Doubletree (Metropolitan - Romulus). I am assuming the Doubletree hotel mentioned on the posting is the ex Doubletree Metropolitan at Romulus hotel and not Dearborn.

Apparantly the Doubletree is no longer a Doubletree. Does anyone know if it is likely still to be included on Pricelines list of 3* airport hotels as, by all accounts, the standards have dipped somewhat since the ownership has changed (as too have the rates).

Thank you

Jim

As of June or July 2006, it's no longer a Double Tree Hotel at Detroit Metro Airport. That hotel is now called The Metropolitan Hotel. I'm not sure if this hotel participate in Priceline. If I'm not mistaken, there's a DoubleTree in Dearborn, but I'm not sure if it participates in Priceline either. I haven't seen any winning bids for these two hotels as of yet.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]