Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

Bid through savingsbarn for my uncle...

Well, bidding for this hotel is like playing a slot machine .... we actually cheered when we got the acceptance. I tried yesterday to get it for another relative and was rejected. We are thinking of chancing it on hotwire and than getting the double the difference refund as hotwire lists a 3.5 star for $261 while Hyatt.com has an internet special of $119 and Doubltree has one for $109. The only catch is still the Sheraton Suites which falls into the zone .... I wonder though, if hotwire would list a suite icon as it is an all-suite hotel and also, if we could get a refund after winning it by saying we did not want a suite (not cozy???)

Suites normally have kitchen facilities, with often a stove or at least a microwave. If you get the suite on Hotwire, tell them you have an acute fear of hotel fires that would be greatly exacerbated by the presence of the kitchen facilities - which is why you always avoid suites :)

It seems to me that Hotwire is quite consistent about including the suite icon, which is very much in their interest as it's a significant selling point. Given that the Doubletree is also all-suites, I highly suspect the 3.5* for $261 with no suite icon is the Hyatt.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]