Hotwire Hotel: Dominican Republic

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

Firstly, if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on the Dominican? It's a place we haven't been but are considering it for this February.

I found this on Hotwire and have a question:

4-star all-inclusive hotel in Puerto Plata

This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See all-inclusive hotel details

* Resort

* Beachfront

* Food and Beverages Included

* A La Carte Dining

* Water Sports/Activities Included

* Evening Entertainment Included

* Complimentary Breakfast

* Children's Activity Program

This is for:1 room, 5 nights, 2 adults, 1 child

But the price says: $156

per room

per night

Can that be? I would think since it's all inclusive it would be per person, not per room?

I am not familiar with hotwire, have only used priceline. I don't believe I can specify all inclusive on priceline.

Last September I stayed by myself at an all-inclusive Wyndham resort in the DR and paid $74/night. I actually believe that that price was for a room with 2 adults. So not only is $156 not too little for 2 adults and a child, it also might be a bit too much. Check published rates.

Theruare,

I think I've given up on the Dominican. The airfare is just too high from our small market airport (about 800.00) Maybe we'll keep it simple and try for an all inclusive in cancun. I have no experience with airfare via priceline but may give it a shot. Do you have any experience with itasoftware.com for airfare checking? I like that you can search for a 30 day window and it shows day to day prices. Is it reliable or is there something better I should look at. Every time I try the airfare checker link here is starts with 3 choices but just takes me to Orbitz? Thanks in advance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]