Canada Toronto Comfort Inn Vaughn-North York

Jer
By Jer,
in

Stayed here in summer of 2006 - near Jane/Finch intersection (notorious for gang violence in summer of 2005), but felt very safe (police station was one building away). Absolutely no issues.

Location is via the Finch exit off of Highway 400 (first exit north of the 401) - easy to find, and located next to Travelodge and Holiday Inn Express. Staff very friendly, with easy/fast check-in and out.

Free parking, wireless internet, daily papers (choice of 2) and nice breakfast (usual cereals/bread/waffles/ juices plus hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit). Fairly close to the highway, but quite quiet. No pool at the motel, but the adjacent Travelodge allows Comfort Inn guests to use their facilities. Perkins Family restaurant next door (10% discount) with many fast fooderies and a mall within easy walking distance.

Overall very pleased for a 2* location.

Jer

PS Title should be Vaughn .... sorry ... can't seem to change it ...

• 1 year later...

Just spent 3 nights at the Comfort Inn in Vaughn. Booked two rooms from 3 nights from August 16 to August 19. Things have not changed from last review from Jer (a very complete review, may I add).

Staff is friendly, rooms are comfortable and clean. As Priceline customers I was treated as a Prepaid member, no other mentions were made of it. We were provided rooms that were ackowledgely facing the 401 Highway, therefore very passing and noisy. However, with the double slide doors and the air conditioning on we did not hear the trafic.

The last night we spent there however was terrible, my husband and I did not sleep until 5 am. This was due to some 50 wedding guests that are invaded the hotel. There was not much that could be done about it. I called the front desk twice and although they were very polite we were stuck with pretty inconsiderate neighbours who slammed their hotel door every 3 or 4 minutes... from 23:00 until 5:00... This did not prevent our youngest kids to sleep all throughout the night...

Still, we would go back to that place. The price was unbeatable ($31 a night), which allowed us to go with all the kids (4). We went for 2 days to Canada Wonderland, very easy access through the 401. The Perkins restaurant across the street, a family restaurant, had very good food with friendly staff, and offer a 10% discount to Comfort Inn customers. On top of that the teenagers were able to enjoy the swimming pool at the Travelodge hotel by simply showing their Comfort Inn hotel passes.

All in all, a great experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]