Ex.pedia cancellation policy for Packages

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

I recently noticed Expedia offers a $49 per person cancel "for any reason" policy on their vacation packages (hotel + air, hotel + car, hotel + air + car). The fee appears to be $49 no matter what the total price of the package.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken advantage of this, and what was your experience. Do they really mean "for any reason"? Or are there hidden restrictions and clauses?

If I were buying a fairly extensive package (like 7 days at Disneyworld, for example) a number of months in advance, I think $49 is a very reasonable charge for such a policy. If I were to purchase the plane tickets separately, chances are they would be non-refundable and I would be out of luck in the event my plans changed later on. But it sounds like this policy would protect you against that kind of loss.

Comments?

• 1 month later...

The small print:

*Full refund may not apply to some flights. Your vacation package will contain either merchant air or published air; the cost of merchant air can be refunded while published air cannot. If you are concerned, please call our travel experts at 1-800-551-2534
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]