CA Orange County Hyatt Regency Irvine

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

There are plenty reviews of this nice hotel on other websites, so I just want to post a tip that may save someone a few $. :)

Self-parking at the hotel is $12. If there's a big event at the hotel, walking to the front desk and elevators is quite a trek. (Even on nights with no events, it's still a several minute walk.)

The parking garage around the corner next to 2 Park Place is manned weekdays from 8:00 to 7:00 (but sometimes shutsdown as early as 6:30). So if you leave the garage before 8:00 or after 7:00 or during the weekend, no charge...

I didn't time it, but it seemed like just a few minutes longer to make the trek from this garage.

This is not for the garage nearest the hotel, which is gated. There's another garage on the other side of the hotel that may have the same hours, but I didn't check...

This arrangement worked out for me as I spent a week working at an office in 2 Park Place. I would get the car early in the morning for errands, breakfast, going to the gym and all, and then get it again in the evening for dinner, trips to the beach, and all.

Warnings: The daily fee if you do exit when the booth is manned is $17.50. It's posted that cars are not to be left overnight and they will be towed if it's not approved, but I've heard from inside sources that this never happens. So like Priceline and Hotwire, this tip may be a gamble and is only for the extremely frugal. :)

• 1 year later...

What an awesome stay! It's definitely 4* star quality and I scored this off Hotwire. The staff was superb. No mention of HW. They provided a zero balance receipt upon departure. The rooms are insulated from outside noise. The rooms were impeccably clean and the beds were super comfy. Starbucks inside was open early with lots of breakfast items to choose from. It was fairly easy to get to from the airport. No charge for in-room internet. I also had to use the business center for printing and was pleased with it. I will definitely look for this property again if I'm in the area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]