Priceline Hotel: Bidding on Multiple Rooms

getupngo
By getupngo,
in

I am coordinating travel plans for a "Girls' Trip" to NYC. There will be about 10 of us going. I have already booked a few rooms at the Embassy Suites, Downtown, via their website, and then I heard of Better Bidding on WGN, Chicago, from Kurt the Cyberguy. btw - Cool website! Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with bidding on multiple rooms. We would prefer to stay closer to Times Square at a 3 or 4*, but I booked w/the Embassy Suites because that was the best deal for the number people I have.

Thanks!! :)

Plenty of users book multiple rooms, but be aware of the following:

-priceline reservations only guarantee double occupancy, HOTWIRE allows searching up to quad occupancy

-you may only purchase up to four rooms at once with either service

What are the actual dates of your stay?

How many rooms did you reserve?

What is the rate at the Embassy Suites?

What would be your maximum bidget via Priceline or HOTWIRE?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply.

Here is what I have going, thus far - Our stay is Oct. 26-29, with 2 rooms booked at the Embassy Suites. My rate is $339/night per suite (with room description of 2 DBL beds and pull out couch). Of course, I would consider bidding on 4 standard rooms at a 4* hotel, if I could get it for less than what Embassy Suites is charging me for the two rooms, and if I could get my group closer to our preferred location.

When I linked to Hotwire, and put 4 rooms, 10 people, Times Square location - the only hotel that came up was $373 for a 4* Boutique Hotel in Times Square (maybe The Muse???)

You're not likely going to be able to do better than the above since essentially you are comparing 2 rooms (with quintuple occupancy) vs. 3+ room (some with triple occupancy, one with quad occupancy). Your room configuration essentially eliminates the opaque providers since priceline only guarantees double occupancy and although HOTWIRE does allow up to quad occupancy, not many hotels in NYC are set-up to handle it (and/or don't have contractes with hotwire for quad occupancy).

Also note that technically the Embassy Suites only allows up to 4 adults per room and if you do declare more than double occupancy the rate jumps higher than you mention above. I'm sure more than double occupancy is done often (although not to the extent of 5 in a room), but i would certainly not have all of you heading up to the check-in desk at once.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]