Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Doubletree Anaheim Orange County

aussie75
By aussie75,
in

Hi from Sydney Australia! Would be sooo grateful for pricleine tips for the above dates for my family's once in a lifetime trip to Las Vegas (2 adults, 1 baby 1.5yrs old). Not much of a gambler but the cheap buffets, attractions, shows and outlet mall sound appealing.

From my travel book reading, would prefer south strip (around Tropicana St). I've read the tips re: Canada bidding and it works for me. Also read free rebids using zones.

$70, $75 and $80 thus far unscucessful for 4* strip. How much further could I be expected to increase? Better to split the nights? Avergage rate for Monte Carlo, Excalibur and MGM Grand on website for those nights vary between $134 and $170. THANKS FROM DOWNUNDER :)

We were thinking of averaging $110. Wouldn't mind changing hotels about half way - might be good to have a change of environment. The prices seem to be generally higher on and after 10/25. Maybe split my bid into 2, with the 1st period cheaper bids and the 2nd higher? Thanks for your prompt reply

You can get sub-$100 for the first part of your stay, but for the weekend nites and thereafter you will be hard pressed to find anything under $120/nite (which would give you a $110 average)

You can get the Aladdin for $134/nite for your entire stay... or book it for 10/22-10/27 for $95/nite, then try to figure out the balance (but as i said above, under $120 for the remainder i think will be very difficult)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. You've been most helpful so far. My strategy now is to split the dates 10/22 - 10/27 and 10/27 - 11/1. I've bid $105 on priceline for 4* for the 2nd 5 days without success as yet. How much do you think would be a winning rate? For the 1st 5 days, we're tossing up between Aladdin 9via you're link at $95) or Monte Carlo at around $105 (do you have a link you'd like me to use if I go for Monte Carlo?).

Yes, we have a link to the MONTE CARLO (also found in our support page)

Your probably looking at the $150 range for the second part of your stay... but it doesn't sound as if you're using re-bids in your bidding, so if not, i'd recommend letting us know your maximum bid and then we'll suggest a strategy for you to try.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

10/27/06 - 11/01/06 - $60

Used savingsbarn.com link

Started with $52, unsuccessful, counter-offer was to raise by $17. Added rebid zones. $55 unsuccessful. Further bid at $60 hit the mark!

Quite happy since we originally planned to stay in Las Vegas for 10 nights during this time. The 1st 5 nites were sorted at a good rate but the last 5 were high'ish hence our change of plans to Disneyland. Now to book the flight from Las Vegas to SNA or LAX. Thank you so much to the forum - had no idea about bidding before this week being from Australia.

Congratulations on your success!

As much as i like Vegas, 10 days there (imo) can be a bit long. Nice way to combine two areas based upon value of the stay... and you get to see another area :)

Thanks for using the SB links and glad you were able to save some money from the use of the board.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]