Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Help with Plantation, Weston, Sunrise

Randi66
By Randi66,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please list all the amenities for the hotel you're looking at so that we know we're looking at the same property.

If the property you're seeing has the following amenities (no more and no less): Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

then it seems to match what's been associated with the Crowne Plaza Hotel Sawgrass Sunrise.

If you decide to move forward please let us know how it worked out.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yep :) we are looking at the same hotel. This one has the same ammenities you listed. I have been bidding every 72hrs on Priceline for Ft. Laud, Plantation, or Ft. Laud beach area for March 2-7th. Ive been breaking up the days, Ive been changing locations. I've went as high as 40 for the airport at 30 for Plantation. I dont understand why Im not getting anything for 30 if Hotwire has this property listed as 48. Also, I know the processing fee is 5.95 or 6.95 on Priceline and the rest is tax. What is the processing fee for Hotwire. Do they charge the fee each night or just one time? I have never used Hotwire before, always priceline and Im very happy with it, just frustrated that I cant get anything. I'll keep trying though, any suggestions?

Happy Travelling, Randi

I don't see the connection between Hotwire having a hotel for $48 and Priceline accepting a bid for $30. For a farily low priced hotel i think those figures are pretty wide apart (on a percentage basis... i don't think it's typical that Priceline is 40% less than Hotwire).

Both Priceline and Hotwire now have a variable fee (it's no longer fixed at $5.95 or $6.95) but each will show you the total before you're committed.

Obviously your bids are currently too low (of course this can change) but are you utilizing your re-bid zones? We have seen increasing difficulty in securing hotels in this area for check-in dates after the first of the year.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Yes, Im using my free-rebid zones. I've also been trying for Key West and Marco Island to no avail. I really dont want to pay more than 50 bucks a night in Ft. Lauderdale. Do you think I'll have a better chance closer to the day of arrival?

I checked the crown plaza website and the average rate for that time is 118.00. I see they have a best price guarantee but I dont think it would apply to Hotwire. If I booked it at 118 on the hotel wesbite and then told them about hotwire having it for 49, they have to give you another 10% off that. That would be nice but I doubt it could be that easy.

I know patience is a virtue but Im getting antsy. I'll have to book something as backup. Ive seen( last year same time) people get the renissance for 40$(plantation).

I just dont know what to do.

Happy Travelling, Randi

You're right that most hotel website guarantees don't apply to 'opaque' services like Priceline/Hotwire. As well, you don't have any evidence that the above Hotwire offering is indeed the Crowne Plaza.

There's really no telling if prices will get better closer to your check-in date... or worse. We've seen many examples where rejected bids end up getting accepted at the last minute, while we've also seen examples of bids that were accepted months in advance get rejected when another user tries to duplicate it closer to check-in.

I almost wished I would have booked this. Last week it was showing for 46 on Hotwire, now its up to 70. Yesterday it was 69. It seems to be moving up every day.

I know I have a lot of time, but Im nervous.

I just bid 60 ( priceline)for 3* downtown Ft. Laud and was rejected.

I see a 2* with beachfront for 89 but I wont take that. No one seems to know what that property is.

Happy Travelling, Randi

I just booked a hotel in the plantation area via priceline...I know the hotel you are referring to and I"m almost positive that its the Crowne Plaza (at Sawgrass Mills) which is actually the hotel I won. If you go to the vacation packages section you can see the amenities that exist at the Crowne Plaza and compare them to the 3.5* distinctive hotel that you see...but like I said, I"m prety sure its the Crowne Plaza.

It is the crowne plaza, one of the moderators told me they were pretty sure that was the hotel. Thanks for letting us know.

What did you pay for it? I didnt want to be so far out west. I actually ended up booking on Hotwire. I got the Sheraton Yankee Clipper for $68 March 3-7th as seen in THIS POST. I have one night in Plantation for 25(priceline). Homestead suites. I need one more night at the airport, but Im thinking about seeing if my friend can pick us up at the airport and bring us back to get the rental car the next day and Ill try Plantation again( Homestead).

Happy Travelling, Randi
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]