Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTW) Millennium Broadway

jabp
By jabp,
in

Hello :) ;

I'm trying for ages to book something between 3*/4* in NYC (MTE+MTW+MTS+UM/CPS) and still repeatedely rejected. I've touched already the $210 for 4* and 200$ for 3*. Still no luck. Thought about splitting and gone until $180. Also no luck.

Is there someone who managed successfully these dates?

The US Open explains everything? Should I wait until closer?

Thanks for any help, a bit desperate,

jabp

Where and how much is your back-up?

My thoughts regarding why prices are so high or a strategy? If a strategy i need to have an idea of your back-up to advise; if why prices are so high, i'd think the US Open as something to do with it, although there are probably other reasons too... i don't question why demand is high, just that it is and try to adjust price expectations accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a $245 3* back-up in Downtown, but I am not sure that I'll take it, even if I don't get a bid on Priceline. In the last hour I'm thinking of moving to Boston instead. Never been there and prices are half of this. But, it's as I told you. A last week decision. Until then, keeping on NYC.

Lets just say that I wouldnpt really like to go over $200, for both 4* and 3*. I don't mind splitting: 8+9 or 9+10 looks both...also dreadful.

Thanks,

JP

The back-up is Club Quarters Downtown 3*. Not sure I want it. I would favour very much the midtown areas. Besides, today I noticed that Sheraton Towers dropped from $302 to $289. Maybe it is a sign to wait a bit longer, don't you think?

Thanks for any help,

jabp

I don't think a $13 drop on a $300 hotel room is a significant indication of a drop in demand.

HOTWIRE has a few midtown offers at the 3* level in the $220-$235 range, just beyond your 3* bid amount on Priceline (but try to id these beforehand so make sure that you're comparing a Hotiwre 3* to a Priceline 3*).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I finally made it. After a rigorous series of trial I was in the last combination of Midtown areas for a 3* at $190 when I got a counter-offer of $25 plus. Offered $12ore and got the Millennium Broadway Hotel at $202/night.

I cannot be proud of such a price, but did not manage to find any offer for this hotel lower than $299. It made feel better afterall.

Ok, lets go to NYC to the busy crowds of Times Square.

Thanks for the help,

jabp

Not sure why you wouldn't be proud of saving nearly $100 per nite ($300 in total) off of your booking... sure $200 is a lot for a hotel room, but for these dates you're not likely to find anything near this for this quality hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... we're glad to hear of your ultimate success!

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]