Priceline Hotel: 3* Poconos-Poconos (Scranton) Inn at Nichols Village

myb8089
By myb8089,
in

I tried to bid 3* today, bid first 40, then 42 and 44.

No luck.

Anyone had any experience bidding in this area, I don't see anything posted.

I am assuming that since this is peak time for the area, I might have to bid more than what I would ideally prefer, I am just wondering how high I will actually have to go.

It is not an exact science, but I will often start my bidding by looking at Hotwire prices as they are often a bit higher than Priceline and it helps me gauge my bidding. I also take a look at prices on Expedia or Travelocity"]Travelocity as well to see if any properties are sold out. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of bid history in this area and you are bidding at a time when folks are trying to squeeze in a vacation before summer is over. Also you don't have much time for rebidding. I would increase my bids by $5 and you may want to go down to a 2.5* level.

Have you seen this thread for the Inn at Nicholas Village This hotel is in Clarks Summit, PA outside of the Pocono region.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all your help.

I apologize for not writing this earlier, I honestly haven't had an earlier chance.

We ended up going for Inn and Nichols Village (very nice!), got it at $50 a night Ithink bec i bid so late and there was PGA tournament in the area for one of my nights.

I tried 45 rejected, so then tried 50 and scored.

Once again I forgot to use the Savings Barn, bong, bang me on the head, I deserve it :) !

Thanks again for all patience and assistance, you sure beat TTOB!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]