Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

myb8089
By myb8089,
in

Just won NYC 4* Grand Hyatt MidTown East 8/13 $115.

Suppose I could have started lower, but I was a little desperate (don't know why I could have rebid tomorrow!), so I started at 115 instead of 100 which I probably should have done. Any opinions out there whether or not I overbid??

I hope it proves to be nice hotel, better go check the reviews. Did notice that it doesn't have a swimming pool, which would have been nice!

Thank you Better Bidding.com for a great, informative website. I just love using it and it makes bidding on priceline all the much easier. Super stuff.

I have stayed at the NYC Grand Hyatt via Priceline several times and it is very nice.

You should be pleased with the quality, location, and service.

True, there is no pool but not many NYC hotels have one.

And the price you got is still very good. Lately they seem to have been on the $150 - $200 range and the lowest I've ever hit was $101.

Depending the nature of your visit you should be pleased with the location. It's on E 42nd and Lexington Ave. and within walking distance to the major midtown tourist and shopping spots.

Grand Central Terminal is next door and you can get a subway to anywhere in the city from the station.

If you are new to NYC, try not to be shocked at the prices there. If you are driving, expect to pay $40-$50 per day for parking. Beer is $9.00 per pint - oy!

But, there's nothing like New York...

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info FBNY.

Any ideas for cheaper parking, I hate to throw away so much on just parking! Should I try street parking or another garage for cheaper, I wouldn't even care to take a taxi for 10 bucks and park else where for less.

After reading so many bad reviews of the Hyatt I am still a little nervous, but am glad to hear you ha d a nice stay, any tips for check in, how to ask for and get a nice/better room.

thanks.

I'm not an expert on NYC parking but I doubt you would save a whole lot parking elsewhere.

There are lots around midtown but you'd have to find one, haul back to the hotel, then deal with the wait when you want to leave. You may save $10 or so...

Parking on the street is very difficult and risky. If you even find a spot you need to figure out the confusing and ever-changing parking rules. If you get towed you will spend big money and if your car gets stolen, well.....

I avoid all that and bite the bullet by paying the rate at the hotel. One other advantage of that is you can call ahead and have your car waiting for you at check out.

By the way, when they return the car they bring it to the mezzanine level next to Grand Central vs. street level on 42nd St. I learned that the hard way when I called for the car and stood at the wrong door for 30 minutes....

If there are any other readers out there that have NYC parking experience perhaps they will post some ideas for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've learned the hard way, got a massive ticket (150) for not doing it the right way and just parking with the hotel. boy was i a little mad. do i have a hope of fighting it, i sure will try.

my advice - don't bother trying to find street parking, its not worth the ticket!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]